Calibrating Your HDTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibrating Your HDTV

Ive got two 4K Panasonic TVs and last night decided to calibrate the settings correctly. I used the video guide from AVForums which covers both TVs as they are the same model just different sizes (50" & 55").

It took about 20 mins per TV and just involved following the video going through the various menus and settings for the picture, the guide also explains to some extent the settings and and their impact.

The endstate was vastly different to what i started with which was amazing anyway, watched some scenes from various blurays including Transformers, Mission Impossible and The Martian and the difference was very very noticeable.

So my advice would be to get over to AVForums, look for your TV model and run through the settings, you will be happy you did, think of how you most use the TV, the distance you sit away, the kind of content you watch (high HD/4k or SD) and the lighting in the room.

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
    Ive got two 4K Panasonic TVs and last night decided to calibrate the settings correctly. I used the video guide from AVForums which covers both TVs as they are the same model just different sizes (50" & 55").

It took about 20 mins per TV and just involved following the video going through the various menus and settings for the picture, the guide also explains to some extent the settings and and their impact.

The endstate was vastly different to what i started with which was amazing anyway, watched some scenes from various blurays including Transformers, Mission Impossible and The Martian and the difference was very very noticeable.

So my advice would be to get over to AVForums, look for your TV model and run through the settings, you will be happy you did, think of how you most use the TV, the distance you sit away, the kind of content you watch (high HD/4k or SD) and the lighting in the room.
    When i bought my 50" LG 4K 3D TV they threw in a picture and calibration DVD to set it all up and i noticed a huge difference as well. People don't realise that the settings are optimal for the store but not for home entertainment. Glad your enjoying the new setup... Not jealous at all :/
    Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
    E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

I'm going to do this at the weekend SfG - thanks

Is this where you started ? https://www.avforums.com/PicturePerfect/
      Last edited by lfcrule1972; 08-03-2016, 13:15.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        I'm going to do this at the weekend SfG - thanks

Is this where you started ? https://www.avforums.com/PicturePerfect/
        No, its the review, scroll down a little and the video is there.
        https://www.avforums.com/review/pana...k-review.11261

Comment

Cheers !
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X