Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded PS4 for next Xmas

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/pla...september.html

Hmm... I wonder how compatible new / older games will be. If it will just be a case, like PC games, where you get better graphics / resolution on the newer system but older systems can still play the games.

Will be interesting to see what they do I think.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
      Hmm... I wonder how compatible new / older games will be. If it will just be a case, like PC games, where you get better graphics / resolution on the newer system but older systems can still play the games.

Will be interesting to see what they do I think.
      It will be completely compatible, the CPU and GPU have received a speed pump plus redesign of some of the architecture. The OS will be the same. The reason is so they can make it a viable platform for higher than 1080P gaming albeit still at low frame rates.

Comment

PC gaming is invariably a trade off between frame rate, resolution and image quality unless you run a very high specs machine, even then the game may look and play crap if the coding is lazy (FIFA springs to mind)

Comment

I read this a week or so ago, I don't think I can be bothered tbh, I'll probably wait for the PS5 Unless Sony backtrack on their promises and the new games no longer all run on the standard PS4
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            I read this a week or so ago, I don't think I can be bothered tbh, I'll probably wait for the PS5 Unless Sony backtrack on their promises and the new games no longer all run on the standard PS4
            If you want to game at 4k then this might be worth it, even then many games will struggle even at consol framerates as its a HUUUUUGE jump in pixel numbers compared to 1080p
            2,073,600 pixels for 1080p
            3,686,400 pixels for 1440p
            8,696,160 pixels for 4k

I game at 1440p which is a nice compromise, still keeps my frame rate high but with lovely visuals needing little AA
            Last edited by Superfly Guy; 16-05-2016, 07:22.

Comment

Yeah I don't have a 4k telly so it was another reason why the newer PS4 wasn't that appealing. Mrs lfcrule claims she can hardly tell the difference when on Sky HD channels although when she watches old episodes of Buffy she can see how bad the resolutions were then lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                Yeah I don't have a 4k telly so it was another reason why the newer PS4 wasn't that appealing. Mrs lfcrule claims she can hardly tell the difference when on Sky HD channels although when she watches old episodes of Buffy she can see how bad the resolutions were then lol
                ive got a 50" 4k tv in the mancave and a 55" (same make/model) in the family room, my wife was the same until we went back to watching something at 480, compared to an upscaled blueray she admitted there was a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                  ive got a 50" 4k tv in the mancave and a 55" (same make/model) in the family room, my wife was the same until we went back to watching something at 480, compared to an upscaled blueray she admitted there was a huge difference.
                  The problem for game makers is how many take up the new machine and the need to develop a game for both resolutions.

Comment

It would help if she wore her glasses tbh ! I think she'd see the difference then....
                    sigpic

Comment

PC games generally scale well with hardware, resolutions are easily changed and unless its a console port, ingame graphical enhancements are easy to turn on/off or graduate. Il see how the next BF1 and the updated version of the DCS flight sim engine plays on my current rig then il decide whether or not to upgrade my graphics card to the generation hitting the shelves shortly.

Comment

This is a very nice blog post. This is information about the upgrade of PS4 for next Xmas. technology has been growing in every field with a quick speed. And you need to get essay writer uk to manage quality work. Things are getting better with time. Thanks for sharing this blog post with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post

It will be completely compatible, the CPU and GPU have received a speed pump plus redesign of some of the architecture. The OS will be the same. The reason is so they can make it a viable platform for higher than 1080P gaming albeit still at low frame rates.
                          Indeed. That Ps4 only has stronger CPU and GPU to be able to play in higher resolution.

Ps5 is out now. PS4 games are playable too on PS5. That's a fantastic news for us.

Comment

Racing games are the best way to have fun with a friend on the same console or online. Due to the low entry threshold, simple rules and addictive gameplay, you can easily join virtual competitions. We've compiled a selection of the best racing games for two or more for PS4 - these games are the first to look for if you decide to play in a party, the best split-screen racing games for PS4 for 2-4 players https://www.unigamesity. com / best-ps4-split-screen-racing-games-for-2-4-players /

Comment

Racing games are the best way to have fun with a friend on the same console or online. Due to the low entry threshold, simple rules and addictive gameplay, you can easily join virtual competitions. We've compiled a selection of the best racing games for two or more for PS4 - these games are the first to look for if you decide to play in a party, the best split-screen racing games for PS4 for 2-4 players https://www.unigamesity.com/best-ps4...r-2-4-players/

Comment

Working...
                              X