Vodafone Broadband Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone Broadband Users

Ive been with BT for years, always had good service and they are happy to always negotiate at the end of my 12 month contracts.
    however as i do not use my landline, im interested in Vodafone's offer of no line rental charges.

Pros
    Same speed as i currently have.
    No line rental
    Same price as i currently pay

Cons
    18 month contract
    £49 connection fee
    No BT Sport (£5 a month for BT Broadband customers)
    Unknown CS.

Anybody use this service? And please dont use the thread to drip about your current ISP.

Did you decide to go with them?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

My contract with BT isnt up until March but my lad will be moving into a new pad soon for his Masters so was looking for him as well. Ive never had any issues with BT, they have always negotiated and i get a 12 month deal generally a fiver cheaper than the normal rate. Also my mobile is with them which is 3GB data and unlimited calls/texts for a tenner a month

However Vodaphones lack of line rental is appealing although it does come with an 18 month contract, i would also lose BT sport which i use for the UFC.

Comment

Vodaphone's "no line rental" deal looks like nothing more than a marketing exercise - they appear to have just removed the line rental as a separate charge & added it to the overall cost of the package!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Vodaphone's "no line rental" deal looks like nothing more than a marketing exercise - they appear to have just removed the line rental as a separate charge & added it to the overall cost of the package!
          New trading laws are requiring all ISP's to do this. They can no longer separate the line-rental fee from the cost of broadband and need to show a total figure inclusive of all the additional services you'll require i.e. BT Landline.

Edit - Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...o-not-use.html
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            New trading laws are requiring all ISP's to do this. They can no longer separate the line-rental fee from the cost of broadband and need to show a total figure inclusive of all the additional services you'll require i.e. BT Landline.

Edit - Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...o-not-use.html
            Holy thread resurrection Batman.

As Fish mentioned, all ISPs have to advertise prices as a complete package so BT is looking suddenly very expensive compared with other companies. Also if i bin BT il lose my BT email addresses i suspect so that something to consider.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm looking to move from Virgin too ... they have gotten so expensive, unfortunately the service you receive is absolutely fantastic i have 200mb fibre with them and it never misses a beat, never have any issues, minimal if any downtime ... Such a shame but you obviously pay a premium for it £75 a month though is
              a bit more of a premium than i want to pay - Don't even watch the god damn TV that much!
              Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
              E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

They do a slower service for less money, 100mb/s i think. ISPs that use the BT lines are maxing out at 76mb/s but are substantially cheaper.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
                  They do a slower service for less money, 100mb/s i think. ISPs that use the BT lines are maxing out at 76mb/s but are substantially cheaper.
                  Yeah i am going to cancel my sub with them, my contract is up in 2 weeks and going to join as a "new customer" for Broadband only no phone line no TV and get there 100mb its like £30 odd quid.
                  Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                  E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

With Virgin, i thought you had to leave for i think six months before you cab considered a NEW customer.? Vodaphone is £28 a month for 76mb/s and 18 month contract but i suspect you may be able to haggle that to 12 months.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X