Robot Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot Wars

"Im off clubbing with a fit chick" - Said no contestant ever.

I've not seen any yet. Is it good?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
      I've not seen any yet. Is it good?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      Catch it on iPlayer, yes its good, Dara Ó Briain is funny, well mostly sarcastic but its the contestants that really make the show. Some very sore losers in a couple of events, spotty teenagers beating highly qualified engineers and my all time favourite team made up of an overly competitive dad and his disinterested offspring ha ha ha

Comment

We've been watching it, will catch tonight's on iPlayer tomorrow. Loved last weeks though, taking on the house robots and winning, lol.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Flipped three of them wasnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
            Flipped three of them wasnt it?
            Yeah was hilarious, the house robots have a massive weight advantage too, they're not limited by the normal restrictions they place on competitors.
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Was that Apollo, run by the three ex bluecoats, if so they really pissed of some of the uber geeky teams who were blatantly not happy at being beaten by some normal people.ha ha ha

Comment

Was that Apollo, run by the three ex bluecoats, if so they really pissed of some of the uber geeky teams who were blatantly not happy at being beaten by some normal people.ha ha ha
                It was a flipper... Yes it was Apollo (I just Googled).

This one: http://robotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Apollo

"Apollo took time away from its opponent to stray into Dead Metal's CPZ, and became the first robot to flip a House Robot in 2016."
                Last edited by BeefMasta; 21-08-2016, 22:15.
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Now i remember, i watched it Monday night after a 100+ hour 7 day week at work, chilling on the mancave floor complete with hounds, orange beanbag and vino, dont really remember a lot come to think of it ha ha ha

Comment

Now i remember, i watched it Monday night after a 100+ hour 7 day week at work, chilling on the mancave floor complete with hounds, orange beanbag and vino, dont really remember a lot come to think of it ha ha ha
                    Haha sounds like a long week!

Just found this in the trivia at the bottom of that page:

"Apollo was the first competitor to flip a House Robot in the 2016 series, flipping over Dead Metal, Matilda and Shunt in both of its battles with Storm 2.
                    Apollo is one of two competitors to flip Matilda over while she wore her flywheel, the other being Tricerabot, and one of two to flip Dead Metal, the other being Gravity."
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

The final next Sunday, im working so might watch it Monday as im off. They just need to bring back Scrap Heap Challenge and my Sundays will be complete.

Comment

I've really enjoyed this series, the contestants and their geeky aggro attitudes have made me lol a lot. Overall I think this is a great reincarnation of the show....
                        sigpic

Comment

Love robot wars!! Remember watching it when Craig Charles used to host.

There is an america version coming on Spike later which might be fun
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post

There is an america version coming on Spike later which might be fun
                            I think we can all guess what that will be like ha ha

Comment

I think we can all guess what that will be like ha ha
                              Oh yes, a 1 hour show where the robots fight for 5 minutes and the other 55 will be a segment with the contestants speaking about their feeling while some soaring music is played in the background
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X