Chromecast Ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chromecast Ultra

Anybody have one?, the Ultra i mean rather than the normal one.

Thanks
    sigpic

Not used one but it looks like a more powerful Chromecast, which can only be a good thing.

We've got the original one but don't really use it much any more as the TV we have it plugged into also has a PS3 which is easier to use with the media remote.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
      Not used one but it looks like a more powerful Chromecast, which can only be a good thing.

We've got the original one but don't really use it much any more as the TV we have it plugged into also has a PS3 which is easier to use with the media remote.
      Its for the TV in my daughters bedroom and will mainly be used for netflix via her iPad.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
        Its for the TV in my daughters bedroom and will mainly be used for netflix via her iPad.
        If the TV is 4K then it's probably worth it, if not a standard Chromecast will do the job IMO.
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

If the TV is 4K then it's probably worth it, if not a standard Chromecast will do the job IMO.
          Ive read that the Ultra(4k) is also faster and has a LAN port so even though it wont initially be used on a 4k TV (hers is 1080) id rather future proof it. The other TVs in the house are 4K and have PCs attached (media centres) so they are ok.
          sigpic

Comment

Ive read that the Ultra(4k) is also faster and has a LAN port so even though it wont initially be used on a 4k TV (hers is 1080) id rather future proof it. The other TVs in the house are 4K and have PCs attached (media centres) so they are ok.
            That's fair enough, I didn't notice that it had an ethernet port. Looks like it has HDR too: Chromecast Ultra tech specs.
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

That's fair enough, I didn't notice that it had an ethernet port. Looks like it has HDR too: Chromecast Ultra tech specs.
              Yeah forget to mention that and i think Netflix will soon be using HDR (both the 4k TV are HDR compatable.

Coolio, i think thats something for Santas sack.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah forget to mention that and i think Netflix will soon be using HDR (both the 4k TV are HDR compatable.

Coolio, i think thats something for Santas sack.
                Let us know how you get on with it
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Regular Chromecast was on sale at Currys for £15 t'other day too: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-...37566-pdt.html
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Sounds like a fairly new TV are you sure its not already got built in cast like Miracast already?
                    Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                    E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
                      Sounds like a fairly new TV are you sure its not already got built in cast like Miracast already?
                      Wouldn't get around watching Netflix and using a mobile at the same time though.
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                        Wouldn't get around watching Netflix and using a mobile at the same time though.
                        Good point just thought with it being a 4k HDR it would have some form of built in smart service enough to use Netflix. And have the cast ability as well.

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                        E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                          Regular Chromecast was on sale at Currys for £15 t'other day too: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-...37566-pdt.html
                          They may be V1 which is around three years old, V2 came out in 2015 and the Ultra just recently. The wife just mentioned that several places have the normal one on black friday deals. Ive upgraded the house network (hardline and wifi) and the Ultra will take advantage of this, (i dont think V1 or V2 use 11ac and 1200mbps speeds but i might be wrong) along with upgraded internals to process 4K/HDR.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
                            Good point just thought with it being a 4k HDR it would have some form of built in smart service enough to use Netflix. And have the cast ability as well.
                            I didnt say her TV was 4K, the others in the house are 4k but they run with HTPCs attached.
                            sigpic

Comment

I didnt say her TV was 4K, the others in the house are 4k but they run with HTPCs attached.
                              Just spotted that.

Comment

Working...
                              X