Far Cry 4 (PC), Any Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far Cry 4 (PC), Any Good?

Ok so ive worked my way through FC3 which i found ok, well i say ok, it was anything from brilliant to frustrating but that's the same with the previous FC games i think.

So is FC4 worth the £15
    Last edited by Drummond Base; 14-05-2017, 08:40.
    sigpic

I enjoyed it very much, the story is good but the whole thing does feel like Far Cry 3 transposed onto a new setting.

So it does become a bit "samey", so what I would do is get it cheap and then leave it alone for a few months before playing as its too soon after FC3
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
      I enjoyed it very much, the story is good but the whole thing does feel like Far Cry 3 transposed onto a new setting.

So it does become a bit "samey", so what I would do is get it cheap and then leave it alone for a few months before playing as its too soon after FC3
      Cheers bud, how does it look? All the FC games look great i think, maybe FC3 was a little too big on the HDR but thats a console thing, i just turned it off via the config file.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
        Cheers bud, how does it look? All the FC games look great i think, maybe FC3 was a little too big on the HDR but thats a console thing, i just turned it off via the config file.
        Looks good, I run without "bloom", and runs smoothly at rate 1080p, visually the game is very polished.

The only thing I will say about the plot is "don't shoot him", you'll know what I mean when you get there

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post

The only thing I will say about the plot is "don't shoot him".
          If he looks at me funny, he's getting it ha ha ha.

Il mostly play it on my home rig so 1440p and my new 1080Ti but i often use my lappy as well which has a mobile 970M and is 1080 so hopefully the game will scale as well as FC3 which was fine once i lowered shadows and some minor eye candy.
          sigpic

Comment

Loved FC4 on the PS4, but then I love these games (even Primal) so samey is less of an issue for me.

Get the Bushman rifle, best one in the game for me, hardly used anything else after I got that
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              Loved FC4 on the PS4, but then I love these games (even Primal) so samey is less of an issue for me.

Get the Bushman rifle, best one in the game for me, hardly used anything else after I got that
              Sniper rifle, a shotty and something belt fed, thats me for any of these games
              sigpic

Comment

God no, that involves a horrible 'grind'....!

Comment

I did it via the app David, was a breeze and the Bushman is immense

As for sniper rifles, love those too, handy for clearing camps without alarms (with silencer fitted)
                  sigpic

Comment

Draw the En out of camps into a killing area, have mines and explosives set up ready. A couple of rounds unsilenced does the trick.
                    sigpic

Comment

You don't go for the 'no alarm' trophy/achievement then ?
                      sigpic

Comment

You don't go for the 'no alarm' trophy/achievement then ?
                        Im not really interested in things like trophies, in games like BF3/4 i generally use the initial weapons unless something ive unlocked is better in a certain situation.

The Alarms are great as you mine the approach roads and likely forming up points, locate a good killing area and firing point, put some rounds into the camp and watch them fall into your trap, if you get overmatched then extract to another pre-recced firing point.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cheers bud, how does it look? All the FC games look great i think here, maybe FC3 was a little too big more the HDR but thats a console thing, i just turned it off via the config file.

Comment

Working...
                          X