Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dental Insurance Billing Question

Hi all,

I had a quick question regarding how dentist insurance works, I am young so I do not know how the Dentists Billing Service works that well, but recently I went in for a cleaning, and had 3 cavities filled.

at the end of my procedure the dental office billed me for $180, then I got a bill from Cigna that said the procedure costed $919 and they covered $854 and I will owe the dental office 65$

does this mean that the dental office over charged me $115 or is there something I am missing?

Thank you!

Hi all,

I had a quick question regarding how Canmore Dental Clinic insurance works, I am young so I do not know how dental insurance works that well, but recently I went in for a cleaning and had 3 cavities filled.

at the end of my procedure, the dental office billed me for $180, then I got a bill from Cigna that said the procedure cost $919 and they covered $854 I will owe the dental office 65$

does this mean that the dental office overcharged me $115 or is there something I am missing?

Thank you!

Comment

Hi there! It's understandable to have questions about how dentist insurance works, especially if you're young and new to the process. Based on the information you provided, it appears that the dental office billed you $180 for the procedure, but Cigna, your insurance provider, processed the claim and determined that the actual cost of the procedure was $919. Cigna covered $854, which means you are responsible for the remaining $65, which you will owe to the dental office. It's important to review your insurance coverage and billing statements carefully to ensure that you understand the charges and coverage. If you have any concerns about the charges or need further clarification, it's best to reach out to your dental office and/or Cigna for more information.

Regards: bcbsprefix

Comment

Working...
      X