Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are my coworkers genetic freaks or is Peloton power off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my coworkers genetic freaks or is Peloton power off?

So, I’m having a friendly conversation with two coworkers yesterday regarding the Peloton Gen 1 VS Gen 2 exercise bike. I’m just listening as they talk about how nice it is to get a quick 30 minute workout in, they discuss their favorite instructors and soon enough the conversation turns to FTP.

For some context my coworkers train a few hours a week sporadically, work 60+ hour weeks, have no athletic background, weigh around 225 lbs and are about 30 pounds overweight, don’t watch their diet, etc.

I take cycling somewhat seriously, train around 10-15 hours per week, eat well, race, sleep, etc

At this point I’m expecting that their 20 minute power will be low compared to mine. My current 20 minute power is north of 330 watts and I weigh significantly less. I’m thinking of ways to downplay my power when it becomes my turn to share as not to sound boastful. Turns out that wouldn’t be necessary because according to their Peloton bikes their 20 minute power is 410 watts and 440 watts. One of them pulled out their phone and showed me their results on the leaderboard and sure enough - 440 watts for 20 minutes.

So my question is did my coworkers miss their calling as professional cyclists or perhaps Peloton power readings are a little off, lol.
Working...
X