Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Android Barcode Scanner Integration

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project that involves integrating a barcode scanner into an Android application, and I could use some guidance from those experienced in this area.

Specifically, I'm looking for recommendations on the best libraries or APIs to use for the Android barcode scanner. I've done some research and found a few options like ZXing, ZBar, and Google's Mobile Vision API, but I'm not sure which one would be the most suitable for my needs.

Here are some additional details about my project:
    1. Compatibility: The barcode scanner needs to be compatible with a wide range of Android devices, preferably supporting various versions of the Android OS.
    2. Functionality: I need the scanner to be able to scan both 1D and 2D barcodes efficiently. The ability to handle different barcode formats (e.g., UPC, QR code, DataMatrix) is crucial for my application.
    3. Performance: The scanning process must be fast and accurate, even in different lighting conditions and with various barcode sizes.
    4. Integration: I'm also interested in how easy it is to integrate the chosen library or API into an existing Android project. Any tips or best practices regarding integration would be greatly appreciated.

If you have experience working with barcode scanners in Android applications or have any insights into the libraries/APIs mentioned above, I would love to hear from you. Your recommendations, tips, or even warnings about potential pitfalls would be incredibly valuable to me as I navigate this aspect of my project.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Working...
X