Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More possible issues with XBox One

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/cod..._xbox_one.html

it is reported that that Call of Duty: Ghosts will run native 1080p on PlayStation 4 and upscaled 720p on Xbox One.Multiple sources from around the web report that while Call of Duty: Ghosts has been confirmed to run at a native 1080p on PlayStation 4, there's growing evidence that the Xbox One version will natively run at 720p, but will be upscaled.
    Ive only ever games at 1920 x 1200 which is a bit higher than 1080p but a new console not being able to handle 1920 x 1080 isn't good, interestingly its the same company providing the graphic hardware to both consoles (AMD) and to be honest, the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is already fairly old technology.

To be honest with you most regular folks wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 720 and 1080...
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I'm still glad I've pre-ordered the PS4
      sigpic

Comment

Depends a lot on the size of the TV screen and how close they sit. The number of pixels displayed stays the same irrespective of the screen size.

1080p is 2,073,600 pixels, so if you sat three feet from a 50" and the same distance from a 40", the smaller TV would seem to have a more detailed picture due to the same number of pixels being 'stretched' on the larger screen.

Sit close to a large TV and 720p looks pretty poor (in comparison).
        Hence why the best viewable resolutions are 1920x1200 on a 24" and 2560x1440 on a 27". A PS4 or Xbox One just couldn't power anything higher than 1920x1080 without the frame rate dropping to single figures.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          I'm still glad I've pre-ordered the PS4
          Its looking to be the better around solution, il be getting one although it wont do much gaming as it just wont match my main PC.
          Probably just FIFA

Comment

Working...
          X