Dash Cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Cams

Thinking of purchasing one of these before I start my new job where I'll be doing ALOT of miles.

Has anyone ever looked into these, or maybe even bought one? Not sure whether they're worth it, or if evidence gathered by them is even legal ?

Cheers.

Think theres other threads on this- I got one that does both forward and reverse
    Novelty has now worn off, but will be well useful in the event of any incident

Got one from China, and all the knobs and whistles dont work, but they gave me %50 money back, and it records sound and vision OK, so happy for the mo
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm using my Iphone with a screen mount , works well until breaking :P

Comment

I have a Blackvue dr500gw-hd. It has been really good. They aren't the cheapest but they work well and the video quality is good.

I got it because it because it had an iPhone app which could download the videos which is kind of neat.

The 550 is out now and it has two cameras which would be good.

The eBay cheapies seem to be a bit low quality.

Cheers
        MM

Comment

Originally posted by Eaton_Swfc View Post
          Thinking of purchasing one of these before I start my new job where I'll be doing ALOT of miles.

Has anyone ever looked into these, or maybe even bought one? Not sure whether they're worth it, or if evidence gathered by them is even legal ?

Cheers.
          I got a cheap one from Amazon based on reviews from here and here. I needed to get a longer cable to fit it where I wanted (some pics in this post).

Overall quality seems pretty good but you get what you pay for, this one cost me just under £50 for the camera, memory card and longer USB cable so I'm happy for that price. The 32 GB memory card records 4-5 hours of footage. It cycles in 5 minute files and has a built in 'g-sensor' so it can detect a sudden stop and move the video to a different folder so it doesn't get overwritten.

Jimbob also has this camera, based on my recommendation, as his criteria was similar to mine.

Let me know if you need any more info
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
          X