Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Cam Install

Hello!

I have just ordered a dash cam, no particular reason really but if someome was to do something silly id like it recorded. For refereance i bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IPDDAM...986871_TE_item (i know its cheap but super awesome reviews).

My question is how to install it. I know it just needs power but i am really particular and i couldnt have a cable just hanging around. I would also be keen not to use the power socket next to the handbrake as i use that already to my phone etc. Ideas?

My car is also a lease so i can't do anything drastic!

If i'm not mistaken, hasn't Patrick recently posted up installation pictures for exactly this??
    @cleanyourride28
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Ohh I did a search and didn't see anything.

Comment

It would be easy enough to tuck the cable inside the trim panels on the car using an extended USB charger lead and plug into the 12v socket with a multi adaptor which would still give you power.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by f9aww View Post
          Ohh I did a search and didn't see anything.

Easy using the search function

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?9246-Dash-Cam
          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
          Take a pride in your ride
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
            If i'm not mistaken, hasn't Patrick recently posted up installation pictures for exactly this??
            @cleanyourride28
            Yep, this post. Basically everything is tucked under the trim, then behind the glovebox, then fed behind the (easy to unclip) A-pillar.

You'll need a 5m USB cable from Amazon and a cigarette socket to USB converter to power it (I use this).

Here's the album with more pictures but feel free to ask if anything isn't clear. JB has also got the same camera and has installed it using my guide.

- DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
            X