Closing egr valve on hdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing egr valve on hdi

Hi, I've been told that whilst having a remap the egr valve can be closed which can save build up of carbon that the hdi is renowned for and prolongs turbo life!
    Anyone know any info on this?

My egr valve on my derv car.. not a ds3 has been mapped out well Werth it in long run.. some people regime t put a blanking plate in and some don't bother.. I never bothered and have had no issues with it so far and it's done 60k in last 2half yrs since mapping it out

Comment

I've never heard of this, will be interested to hear our resident mapper (Jamie at SP Tuning) thinks.... As per your other thread, if you want a remap I wouldn't go anywhere else but Jamie for it
      sigpic

Comment

In over 7 years working within Citroen I have need seen an HDi turbo failure, not saying that it doesn't happen just saying that it is rare.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I have heard of it but mostly with big diesel V8 american pick up trucks.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I have changed 2 1.6 hdi turbos in the last 4 weeks, both with snapped shafts :-/
            We do a lot of cars with EGR delete included in the mapping, my Transporter has been done since new.
            It's no problem to do it, just that with it done in the Hdi it never seems to work as well, causes hesitations and sometimes fault lights. It's because there's too many unknown intervening maps that need recalibrating in order for it to work smoothly.
            VAG BMW MB Vauxhall always works perfectly.
            I've never tried EGR delete on the DS3 1.6Hdi's, but have already found the EGR maps to switch it off, how well it works, won't know till we try
            EGR valve from Audi A4 2.0TDi
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

If I lived closer I'd volunteer Jamie, as it stands you're too far away for me to pop back with any issues
              sigpic

Comment

I was very close to getting my turbo hybrid till I found out its a pain in the a** to do the 110hdi turbo. But if the egr delete works out well I wouldn't mind taking a 300 mile round trip

Comment

Working...
                X