Peugeot 208 GTI 30th anniversary model released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot 208 GTI 30th anniversary model released

The Peugeot 208 GTi 30th Anniversary edition has been revealed at the 2014 Goodwood Festival of Speed. The car was designed by Peugeot Sport, the team responsible for the Peugeot RCZ-R, and the 30th promises to be the sportiest 208 GTi yet.

Power increases from 197bhp in the standard car to 205bhp, while 0-60mph takes 6.5 seconds compared to the basic model's 6.8 seconds.
    These figures are only half the story though, with the GTi 30th set to be even more fun to drive than the normal GTi. Peugeot has lowered the car by 10mm, and increased the width between the wheels to give it a more limpet-like appearance and extra grip in the corners.

The car also gets sporty brakes from Brembo, as well as grippy Michelin tyres and 18-inch alloy wheels. The Peugeot 208 GTi 30th has the same limited slip differential system fitted to the RCZ-R – meaning it is able to accelerate out of the corners even faster than before. Both cars also share the same six-speed manual gearbox.

The Peugeot 208 GTi 30th's exterior has been spruced up too. The company has removed all the chrome trim from the standard car and given buyers a choice of three colour options. Most striking is a red/black finish (in the image above), which Peugeot says harks back to the old Peugeot 205 GTi. Other additions include matte black side panels, matte black wheels, flared wheelarches, red brake callipers, and a new twin-tip sports exhaust.

Jump inside and there's leather-trimmed bucket seats with red stitching and red seatbelts and each car will also get a unique plaque with its own limited edition build number. Peugeot has not yet revealed how many cars will be produced.

Anyone a fan of the two tone body?

Read more: Peugeot 208 GTi 30th Anniversary revealed | Carbuyer http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/14240...#ixzz36PL97ntN
    Follow us: @CarbuyerUK on Twitter | CarbuyerUK on Facebook
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Want! - that's all I have to say!
    2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

The specs sound good but I'm not a fan of the paint job.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

full matt black would have been nicer
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

I like it but I prefer my DS3!

Comment

love the second pic, the crowd has their backs turned from the 208
            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

It should be gloss black and matte red. Matte black doesn't suit the front me thinks

Comment

Prefer the original 207 gti. Think the ds3 looks much better. It doesnt look at all like a gti apart from the paint job.

Comment

oh dear whats this a ds racing in drag and very likely to blow up soon lol
                  e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
                  Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Don't like the paint job, looks like a rip off of the Racing Cabrio I know it's all one Co !

How is the 208 celebrating a 30th Anniversary ?? Are they counting the 205 ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't tempt me away from my ds3:STrooper:
                      http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

Think it looks quite good

Ed- In fact for a small car, think it looks very good
                        (Not gonna buy one tho lol)
                        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 03-07-2014, 18:26.
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm liking that a lot!
                          Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Still in doubt about the colour ATM 👀
                            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                            Take a pride in your ride
                            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I like it! Though agree that gloss black would've looked better. I actually almost bought a 208 last summer... Glad I didn't though, much prefer my DS3!
                              Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                              Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Working...
                              X