Camera help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THP View Post
    The current boxed case is only rated to 40m and the 60m dive housing is a separate purchase. Bear in mind that there's no in built screen with them so they're not fantastic as a stills camera but it kinda makes them like film cameras where you have to wait for developing (loading onto PC or whatever now) before you find out what you've got. If you go for the scree then it hammers the battery life too. I've got a 3+ Black and never noticed any focus issues and at work we've only ever had one customer who has. The batches we have now are apparently the "fixed" ones.

The Panasonic FT5 is an older, discontinued model now but it was pretty good when it was around. Nikon compacts are, in a word, crap. They're an embarrassment to the name. Canons generally have the best low-light performance and the best lenses but I've never used the D30. The previous models were always good. Pentax are brilliant at macro, if you're interested in that. The lens is in the centre of the body too which is a much better place if you're holding the camera with two hands. The older Olympus cameras are strong things. They take an absolute battering. I've not had chance to get my hands on the new model but I can't see it being any different.

Personally, I'd go Canon or Pentax but the Olympus is another good option too.
    Thanks for the info, are you talking about the Olympus TG3? and how would you compare that to the FT5?
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Yeah, the 3. Just by the age of it, it should be quicker to focus and better in low light than the Panasonic but it's been a while since I've seen the Panasonic and I've not had chance to try the TG-3.
      May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
      October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
      Instagram @adamds3

Comment

The older TG-2 beat the Panasonic in this test:
        sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
        Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Working...
        X