No announcement yet.

Scuffs and Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there are no dents (hard to see from the pics) you will be suprised what can be polished out with the right polishing compound and a power polisher. You should contact your local car detailer to find out if they can give you a quote to do the work. It could save you a heap of money. Look on detailingworld.co.uk to find a good experienced detailer.

I hate people that do this kind of damage and don't own up, if you ever find out who it is, it may be worth buying some industrial strength suphuric acid drain cleaner and accidentally spill it on their windscreen! I think it's really bad to condone illegal acts but in this day and age where the police have no time or inclination to investigate crime that doesn't result in a large fine to them, what else can Joe public do!! I used to have a lot of respect for the police when I was younger but now I have next to none left for them. Chin up bud, I hope it gets fixed easily enough.

Comment

:-|

omg
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Well it didn't seem to be Mr Saxo but according to nosy neighbour they did some loud entertaining on Saturday night and couple of different cars were in the car park and blocking people.

After a clean of the panel and a bit of polish, they have ding'd the wheel arch on the higher white mark and the lower ones have polished out a bit but there are a few deep scrapes down the wheel arch and to the left. The mark on the door is fairly deep as well.

So my plan for now is to find out how much touch-up + lacquer is and apply then polish and see what its like.
        If it is possible to easily take off the arch liner I might be able to ask someone to try and ding it out. Might get an estimate anyway but likely to be pricey.

Oh and two 'spokes' of the wheel have some bad scuffs does anyone have recommendation for protection other than my usual clean then protect stuff?

On a positive note I saw a DS3 twin leaving the Airport today in front of me waving - hello to you again *wave*
        Last edited by dayouk; 31-01-2011, 16:21.

Comment

Try one of these dent doctor places that are around now. a lot cheaper than a garage possibly

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
            Try one of these dent doctor places that are around now. a lot cheaper than a garage possibly
            I used a Dent Doctor for my C4 Picasso and paid him £100 for a quick respray of an area. It washed off within 6 weeks and he (and the parent company) denied all liability and said "so sue us."
            So be careful

Regards

Jimbob

Comment

bloody hell!

Comment

Working...
              X