Car service stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car service stuff

Well that was a shock; I stupidly assumed that the first few services for my car were free?!?! I received a letter from Citroen telling me to book my car in and was surprised when they asked me if I wanted the £95 service or the £160 (oil and filter change).

I thought these things were free? Apparently you can buy a service pack? Hmm what to do. . .. .

The good thing is they can check my car after the pothole incident
    sigpic

What engine do you have and how many miles done?

Comment

What gave you that idea?

Unless you are meaning the 1,000 miles inspection that a lot of other manufacturers do, Citroen no longer bother with this as all cars are tested at the factory and again at PDI by your dealer.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

never had a service free in my life unless paid for in some package or other. so technically not free

Comment

No such thing as a free lunch in this world! If they say it's free there is ALWAYS a catch.

Comment

10'000 miles, petrol, got a letter through BUT the fact is it isn't free, it never was and never would be, I am an idiot.

Now the question is, do I have my oil changed and filters changed or is that a little ott?

bet my brakes are gone, you just get the feeling don't you? ho hum, more expense
            sigpic

Comment

Just FYI the petrols Service intervals are 20,000 miles or 2 years which ever comes first. Citroen do recommend an annual service every 12 months but it's not required for the warranty.

Comment

Ok I've only got a minute as I'm so busy it's not true.

My car is being serviced tomorrow and I have mentioned that I'd like my rear arches fixed like other people have had but they don't know anything about it, I'll have to find the topic on that to get all relevent info, they still think it's part of the charm to have "floating wheel arch liners".

Also, this ticking sound is really doing my head in and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it? I have the 120BHP sport petrol engine, you'll have to turn your speakers up as the mic in my Blackberry hasn't picked up how loud the noise is, id like to get your opinion on this before I take it in:

View My Video

Or

View My Video
                sigpic

Comment

The ticking on your vid sounds like the tappets. My THP sounds exactly the same and the dealer said it was normal.

Comment

Agreed ^

Think someone on here mentioned that maybe something to do with a cam chain as well, but i'm no techie i'm afraid.

Comment

so nothing to worry about then, just makes a sexy car sound like a tractor, great

Cheers guys, I love the way this place can put your mind at rest with a few words.
                      sigpic

Comment

A suggest would be to see if your dealer has another 120hp which you could get a listen too for comparison, or indeed another club member's car if that would help put your mind as ease?

Comment

Working...
                        X