Citroen jobs - advice/help wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citroen jobs - advice/help wanted

Okay. Some of you may know I currently work a Security roll for the co-operative. I recent applied for a sales exec the other day and yesterday they invited me to a interview which is for Monday.

Obviously I told them about my car and the passion I have for everything french and they seem excited to meet me.

Problem is, sales is commission based, with a low annual salary. I'm very good with people and full training is supplied, but it's worrying from going to a 23k a year job to 12k + commission.

Could anyone give me some pro's and cons of the job, if you have ever done it or been in the same boat. Naturally this is a totally new career to me with hopefully some progression. The job at the minute may seem all well and good but I'm working 72 hours a week with 12 hour day and night shifts. With no actual way of stepping up the ladders. It's defiantly taken its tole on me the past 2 years and I'm actually looking forward to having a 9-5 job. Or at least less than 12 hours a day anyway.

Thanks for your time!

Guy.

Last edited by #becauseracecar; 03-10-2014, 07:38.
    sigpic

Hey Guy

Sorry I can't comment about commision based jobs as I've never had one, to be honest although I like meeting people the thought of having to make so many sales to get a good salary was a bit daunting with a mortgage/car loan etc.

I just wanted to wish you luck with the interview, I'd think with your Citroen knowledge and enthusiasm you could make a success of it
    sigpic

Comment

Tell us more about this new opportunity. Some sales jobs are pure shite and the turnover is huge, others are OK and we all need to buy things

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
        Tell us more about this new opportunity. Some sales jobs are pure shite and the turnover is huge, others are OK and we all need to buy things

JB
        Well I've been doing my research and the only negative feedback I've seen on a sales executive position is the commission and long hours. But these are from American companies. Not citroen.

I've sourced the Internet and can't find any personal experiences from employers or ex-employees. So I really don't know how deep the water is or what I'm getting myself into, until Monday.

It doesn't help that I'm a bit of a worrier and don't want to get into something that's going to ruin me finically and put me back to square 1 on the employment ladder. It's a tough decision but i want to get out of security soon rather than later.

I personally want to just get my foot in with citroen. As I'm more of a Hands on person and like to fix and do manual labour so a technician would have been my first choice. But because I know the cars well and a c2 would be in my "dream garage" (yes that's right, don't judge) I just want to be involved more and from what the job the description says, you can defiantly advance into different levels of the business.

Thanks Guy
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #becauseracecar View Post
          Well I've been doing my research and the only negative feedback I've seen on a sales executive position is the commission and long hours. But these are from American companies. Not citroen.

I've sourced the Internet and can't find any personal experiences from employers or ex-employees. So I really don't know how deep the water is or what I'm getting myself into, until Monday.

It doesn't help that I'm a bit of a worrier and don't want to get into something that's going to ruin me finically and put me back to square 1 on the employment ladder. It's a tough decision but i want to get out of security soon rather than later.

I personally want to just get my foot in with citroen. As I'm more of a Hands on person and like to fix and do manual labour so a technician would have been my first choice. But because I know the cars well and a c2 would be in my "dream garage" (yes that's right, don't judge) I just want to be involved more and from what the job the description says, you can defiantly advance into different levels of the business.

Thanks Guy
          Talk to Biggie on here (Bigfeet) - he is a Citroen Salesman. PM him maybe.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
            Talk to Biggie on here (Bigfeet) - he is a Citroen Salesman. PM him maybe.

JB
            Waiting for him to turn up, Patrick told me his name on Facebook but obviously he doesn't know me [emoji28]

If someone could show him this thread that would be great
            sigpic

Comment

Good luck mate as long as your a good talker I'm sure you will sell , nothing worse than a boring salesman.

Comment

Send him a PM he is pretty good at replying.
                Meanwhile I will try and drag him in.

JB

Comment

Friend of mine has worked in car sales for the past 20 years, and went from sales person to business manager for Audi in about 5 years. Being able to talk and relate to people from all walks of life is the key thing for success in sales, and you can earn good money if you hit the sales targets. This website will help with the interview process:

http://www.cvcentre.co.uk/tough-inte...answers-21.htm

The "sell me a pen" question is a favourite of car dealers.
                  sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
                  Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Citroen jobs - advice/help wanted

Write your name on that piece of paper for me.
                    Last edited by #becauseracecar; 03-10-2014, 08:06.
                    sigpic

Comment

Supply and demand [emoji41]
                      sigpic

Comment

Have a look on Glassdoor Boris for employees reviews of working for Citroen:

http://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/c...SRCH_KE0,7.htm
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hi Guy,

Working in sales is definitely all about being a people person and working to their expectations, customers are a tricky and prickly bunch!

Been working within Citroen for nearly 15 years now but every dealer will have a different pay structure so it is hard to comment on what pay is like, for me I earn a slice across the top but I also do a lot more than the average sales person as I also write my own PX's and earn on trade as well. The advantage of a larger group will be more chances to advance through the ranks to the manager positions.

If you want to know anything then drop me a line any time

This little sales motto is always worth noting - "Some will, some won't, so what, move on"
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                            "Some will, some won't, so what, move on"
                            Thought that was your pick-up line!

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                              Have a look on Glassdoor Boris for employees reviews of working for Citroen:

http://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/c...SRCH_KE0,7.htm
                              Had s look before, not that helpful :/
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X