3 Points question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Points question

I have just been flashed at by a gatso camera it was on the other side of the road but facing me. I think I was doing 38/39 in what I thought was a 40 but it looks like they have lowered the speeds since then on that bit as it is entering the village if you were going that way so is now must be a 30.

So do they ticket you if on the other side of the road or is this the dummy/empty mode?

If I have - I received 3 points, about 3 and half years ago so the points have come off but stay on for the 4th year. So will it just go back to 3 points or up'd to 6?

Nah Your Safe Mate

Comment

Lots of confusing threads elsewhere, but I think you are right I hope so. It may of been out of film and the setting left on to still flash both ways. http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/faq.html#OFFSIDE

What happened to your flash thing all ok, maybe I missed it?

Comment

Mines Still Ongoing lol

Disputing The Hell Out Of It Though ! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by dayouk View Post
          If I have - I received 3 points, about 3 and half years ago so the points have come off but stay on for the 4th year. So will it just go back to 3 points or up'd to 6?
          I thought endorsements and points stay on your licence for 4 or 11 years depending on the offence.

Comment

I just read up about convictions and Andy150 is right. For "normal" points they stay on for 4 years. For points that are related to drug type offences or drink, they stay on for 11 years. It's easy to find on the net. Also if the camera flashed twice, it's more likely to be a dummy camera I was told but not sure if this is accurate info.

Comment

Originally posted by dayouk View Post
              I have just been flashed at by a gatso camera it was on the other side of the road but facing me. I think I was doing 38/39 in what I thought was a 40 but it looks like they have lowered the speeds since then on that bit as it is entering the village if you were going that way so is now must be a 30.

So do they ticket you if on the other side of the road or is this the dummy/empty mode?

If it was a standard GATSO then it only works in one direction, driving away from it. There should also be white lines on the road on the same side as the camera which give a visual reference of the speed you were going, that's why they take 2 pictures, I read somewhere that the space between the lines indicate 5mph, ie. if the are 6 lines difference between the 2 pictures then the car was doing 30mph, 7 lines would be 35mph. I have a Road Angel Compact, this only indicates GATSO's that are on the same side of the road as the direction of travel, the company has been going for many years now and Know how these cameras work.
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                If it was a standard GATSO then it only works in one direction, driving away from it. There should also be white lines on the road on the same side as the camera which give a visual reference of the speed you were going, that's why they take 2 pictures, I read somewhere that the space between the lines indicate 5mph, ie. if the are 6 lines difference between the 2 pictures then the car was doing 30mph, 7 lines would be 35mph. I have a Road Angel Compact, this only indicates GATSO's that are on the same side of the road as the direction of travel, the company has been going for many years now and Know how these cameras work.
                What he said hehe

I had this happened to me and then after asking around (and also posting on the forum) I was told that if you are going towards the camera and there is no markings on your side then they could not prosecute.

I wouldnt worry too much, i go past the same camera everytime and get flashed going towards it....quite funny as it scares the crap out of drivers on the other side of the road lol

Comment

- surveillance camera

hi, righteous yearning to return my own method with guarantee camera ...someone know a satisfactory source to learn ?
                  camere supraveghere iasi

Comment

Working...
                  X