New Car Tax Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car Tax Rules

As car tax rules changed on 1st April, a new first year tax rate applies to all newly registered cars.

My DS3 falls under the no tax payable for first year which is great! On my order form it says accessories to be fitted include £35 car tax. I'm assuming i've paid for this in the cost of the car so who thinks i should be cheeky and ask for £35 discount when i actually collect my car? (whenever that is gonna be)

new car tax

ask at my dealer about this subject was told it would be ajusted when we finalise the sale as they cannot charge for a free item

Comment

Great,thanks for that. I'll be mentioning it to them

Comment

I'd defo give it a shot!

Comment

Alcazwolf

Can you remember how much your dealer adjusted your invoice by for the car tax?

Looking at my order it says accessories to be fitted 12 months tax £35 but the breakdown of costs on the right states RF License £90.

Was wondering which one i should be pushing for when i collect my car tomorrow

Thanks in advance

Comment

This might help youClick image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	352844

Comment

had £35 taken of bill. Car tax disc say fee NIL.Good luck tomorrow .I have to return towork tomorrow after a week off.Will have to be parted from car for 8 hours.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I think tomorrow at work is going to be the longest day for a long time. Hope you don't get too many withdrawal symptoms being away from your car

Comment

Working...
                X