Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
    California for us too.
    Starting off from San Francisco and touring round including Yosemite and a days boat trip off Monterey to see whales and birds etc.
    Not in a DS3 though - hiring a 4X4.
    Don't miss out on the Big Sur - best done from N to S, as then you are on the right side of the road (literally!) to enjoy the views. I found I kept stopping every couple of minutes to take photos, as each turn in the road produced a view even more spectacular than the last. Can recommend Deetjens (an old road-house in the middle of the Big Sur) as a great (if rather quirky) place to stay, and they do terrific breakfasts!

Yosemite is awesome too!

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
      Don't miss out on the Big Sur - best done from N to S, as then you are on the right side of the road (literally!) to enjoy the views. I found I kept stopping every couple of minutes to take photos, as each turn in the road produced a view even more spectacular than the last. Can recommend Deetjens (an old road-house in the middle of the Big Sur) as a great (if rather quirky) place to stay, and they do terrific breakfasts!

Yosemite is awesome too!
      Thanks for that info.

Main purpose is birdwatching and Big Sur is THE place for California Condor so it's well on the list.
      Boat trip will also produce Albatross (sp).

Comment

Boat trip will also produce Albatross (sp).
        Lovely, but I couldn't eat a whole one.

Comment

Gar

I put some links up for you on the DS2 thread - you seen 'em?

Jimbob

Comment

I've got 2 weeks in Fuerteventura book in April, nothing much planned for the summer and hoping to get 3 weeks in New Zealand towards the end of the year (after the rugby finishes)

Comment

Going on Royal Caribbean's - Independence of the seas for 12 nights in April.
              Attached Files
              DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by rowl-69 View Post
                Going on Royal Caribbean's - Independence of the seas for 12 nights in April.
                You'll Love That Ship ! I Did 2 Weeks On It Before And Didnt Get Bored !

Comment

Should Be Going Skiing Soon ( Always Leave It Last Minute XD ) And Then Florida For 2 Weeks In August Like I Always Do Then Skiing Again When The Winter Comes =D

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                    You'll Love That Ship ! I Did 2 Weeks On It Before And Didnt Get Bored !
                    Will do cheers mate. Got 2 girls 11 & 13 is there plenty for them to do on board ??
                    DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Mate Trust You Wont Be Able To Do Everything ! :L

Comment

Gar

I put some links up for you on the DS2 thread - you seen 'em?

Jimbob
                        Yes - thanks Jimbob! I loved the one about the baby - another Norwich City supporter in the making!

Comment

off to Peru to walk the inca trail with my two sons. wifey stopping at home yippee. maybe not a good idea, i'll have to hide the ds3 keys
                          Crisis wot Crisis

Comment

Wow - I'd love to do that!

Comment

Originally posted by milodog View Post
                              off to Peru to walk the inca trail with my two sons. wifey stopping at home yippee. maybe not a good idea, i'll have to hide the ds3 keys
                              Take them with you - 'accidentally'

Comment

April - France
                                June - Isle of Man
                                September - Amsterdam?

cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                                X