Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone beat reaching 1st service after only 3 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone beat reaching 1st service after only 3 months?

Hi folks,

Just had the 1st service done when the car was just 3 months old......... nothing to report apart from the front tyres are getting near the limit (what a suprise).

Current milage is 14683 & nothing had bent, broken, buggered or fallen off.

The car is loaded up with tools & kit then ragged round the country (usually by the scenic route) every day, what a little star!

110 derv Dsport.

Yes, it is a company car, wouldn't put any car of my own through this amount of torture.

I'm nearing 10k since June . . .

Only the seatbelt has broken so far! All fixed and under warranty.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

You should be following a 10,000 mile or 1 year service route I think, check your service book as you could be invalidating your warranty.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
        You should be following a 10,000 mile or 1 year service route I think, check your service book as you could be invalidating your warranty.
        Who?
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

So When I Hit 10,000 At The End Of This Month My Service Is Due Yeah ?

( 90 HDi )

Comment

Don't think it is me as I have a maintenance contract through Citroen every 12500 miles that includes tyres (thank god!)

Comment

That's some going! I thought I was racking up the miles having done 2300 miles in two weeks! down side its my own car used for work.
              I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

Jeez and here was me thinking i was racking the miles, 17k since june,
                Team Yellow not White

Comment

I'm nearly at the second service and only had it since the end of August, the bit about the tyres being near was said on my first service so I took it to ATS and there was still 7mm so check them before you go forking out for new rubber

Comment

Mine are down to 3mm but Citroen contract leasing won't authorise the dealer to fit new ones until they are on the tread wear bars. They were the same with my last Citroen C5 tourer. They will only authorise the dealer to fit tyres as well, not any other tyre bay so I have to be on the ball from when they reach the tread bars to getting it in & having new boots fitted.
                    My average milage for the last couple of years has been 45 - 50K a year so after the 2 years contract I think mine might be one of the highest milers around.

Comment

Originally posted by ds3mik View Post
                      My average milage for the last couple of years has been 45 - 50K
                      Jeeeez, do you actually get any work done or are you a Formula 1 driver?

Comment

On that note, I'm on about 16k miles at the minute, already had my first manufacturer service in December, had my wee motor since June '10 - I have to get mine done every 12,5k miles to keep the warranty valid. Pricey!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                          I was referring to the OP, the service book does state that if a 110 HDi is doing more that 2,500 miles per month then is must follow the arduous service schedule.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I will raise that point Bigfeet with my dealer so they can question Citroen Contract Motoring so at least it has been raised if there are any probs in the future.

Answer to Rob, yes I do get some work done as some of my calls are only 15-20 mins long depending on the nature of the breakdown & then on to the next which could be over 100 mile away.

I work with Pharmacutical robotic systems in Pharmacies all over the country.

F1.....please, the DS3 is pure WRC

Comment

Working...
                            X