No announcement yet.

Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a drive out yesterday and had to film this, gotta love the Myway built in satnav.
    http://vid1357.photobucket.com/album...psuv2coffm.mp4

Comment

Haha that's great!
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Awesome video SFG
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Getting my head around the settings, trying to set the focus for the various shots is a nightmare plus I'm only using MS Movie Maker til I get home.
          The exhaust note sounds sweet though.

Comment

Lol'd xD
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Drove to Boulogne-Sur-Mer yesterday, took around 50 mins using typical French country roads. Lots of sharp blind bends and undulating hills, it keeps you on your toes knowing that a head on and instant death may be just around the next corner.

Stocked up on plonk and had a very nice coffee, my French is ok when it comes to pleasantries and ordering food but I inadvertently threw in a bit of Dari in the cafe, no idea why, maybe for the same reason as why I'm comfortable driving on the right, ie I spend most of the year doing it.

Miserable weather today so just planning a route for tomorrow and chilling out with a bit of Company of Heroes 2 on this laptop.
              Last edited by Superfly Guy; 10-11-2015, 10:33.

Comment

Nice edit looks great , look forward to the next installment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2138.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	359956
                  Filthy, will need a good scrub down before I pick the wifey up.

Comment

When you coming to the Fatherland?
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                      When you coming to the Fatherland?
                      I'm in Cologne from the 16th to 18th.

Comment

Tomorrows leg which I spose is the first leg breaks down into two parts.

53km to the Eurostar station in Calais to pick up the current Mrs SFG then...
                        120km from the station to our hotel in Bruges via the coastal route taking us past Gravelines, Dunkirk and Ostend.

Ive just cleaned the car inside and out and am in the preliminary stages or packing my kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                          the current Mrs SFG
                          xD xD
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                            xD xD
                            Telling people we have been together for 28 years is a bit 'safe'.

Comment

Sorry I have neglected this post but ive been busy, now in Cologne after nights in Bruges and Luxembourg. I have some decent footage and pics so il put together a short vid when I'm back in blighty.

France to Bruges - Picked up the wifey from the Eurostar station in Calais and drove to Bruges, 119km and a decent if mildly boring drive. Rained a fair bit in the city but the hotel was a very very short walk and within no time we found a bar, a nice scoff that night and we left around 0900 the following morning.

Bruges to Luxembourg - Just over 300km taking around 5 hours due to us stopping briefly in Bastogne to have a quick look at the war memorial. Luxembourg wasn't looking too great with it hard to find a bar and even harder to find a decent meal, but at the last minute Trip Advisor came up trumps with a great Greek restaurant. Hotel was nice and like Bruges was right in the middle of the city.

Luxembourg to Cologne - Around 200km with a brief stop just outside Luxembourg to look at a US mil cemetery, nice route through some lovely countryside. Cologne is rammers with bars and lovely restaurants, looking forward to a few out tonight.

Comment

Right, again apologies for the the post neglect. Ive not even touched the video footage as ive been busy.

Just after getting home from work (overseas) which was also just before i set off for France, a house we were after came back on the market, we put ours up for sale and sold it the following evening. So hectic hectic as im back out to work next Sunday and in the four weeks ive been home ive been furiously clearing the loft, mancave and both sheds leaving the current Mrs SFG less to do when we move.

Anyway, back to the road trip.
                                Cologne was probably my favourite city as it had a nice blend of the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam and the chilled cafes of Bruges. The leg from Amsterdam back to Calais was a bit of a lick as its not a direct route but at least the services make pulling over less of a chore than in the UK (Britain, please learn from continental service stations).
                                Anyway once back home we had a two hour turnaround before shooting off to a surprise party for one of Mrs SFGs Team members, since then its been a mix of filling boxes and trips to the local recycling centre.

So i may be able to drop some pics and upload the odd clip but the final edit will have to wait till im back at work.

Comment

Working...
                                X