Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Army's better than your Army

Originally posted by SiPhyliss View Post
    British Army Mechanic, with sights set on becoming a Helicopter pilot soon....
    REME? Apache's I assume.

Screw Apaches, slow ass pieces of shit. Chinooks are the real deal!
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

My Army's better than your Army

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      Screw Apaches, slow ass pieces of shit. Chinooks are the real deal!
      Not when you are overmatched and pinned in a drainage ditch they arnt .

If you have a man down that needs urgent advanced medical care and a MERT is available then they most definitely are

Comment

You Brits put M134's on your hooks and that's enough firepower to keep anyones head down. enough said.

Comment

You Brits put M134's on your hooks and that's enough firepower to keep anyones head down. enough said.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

AH64 (or crab as the insurgents call them) is/was a battle changing weapons platform, the Blackhawk Shockers were good but cant touch the versatility of the various types of Hellfire plus rockets (inc flatchet rounds) and the main armament.

Chinooks (MERT) wouldn't even go near a hot HLS, the Americans flying the Blackhawk Pedros had balls and would fly into and out of anything, they worked well with the UK Apaches.

Comment

Apaches are still shit. Have always been shit. And will always be shit.

Comment

Apaches are still shit. Have always been shit. And will always be shit.
                One word, deliverables, let me just take a quick experts vote on their shitiness, nope, thought so, they are still a mega bit of kit.

Comment

They are too heavy, underpowered, overly complicated, Half the high tech stuff is always broken, prepping and putting them on a C 17 is a total pain, way harder than it should be and there is no good place to stand when you work on them. So don't know who you polled but it wasn't anybody in the know. Ground pounders! OH look its got guns! shiny!

Comment

SFG I love hooks with all my heart but the most versatile and easy to maintain helicopter in the inventory would would be UH60M. For an attack helicopter give me a SuperCobra.

Comment

Maybe this thread should be titled "My chopper's better than your chopper"
                      Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

They are too heavy, underpowered, overly complicated, Half the high tech stuff is always broken, prepping and putting them on a C 17 is a total pain, way harder than it should be and there is no good place to stand when you work on them. So don't know who you polled but it wasn't anybody in the know. Ground pounders! OH look its got guns! shiny!
                        I polled myself so lets put that one to bed.
                        From the JTACs imbedded with us, both USMC and UK, the UK AH^$ differs from the standard US Mil one in many ways, engines and mast mounted avionics being those obvious to me.
                        In my experience, the AH64 is the best CAS platform bar non, A10C was good but the gun has too large a beaten zone for clinical targeting, fast air was way to random, untimely or (the guns) unreliable.
                        Plus, and this is a huge plus, many of the UK AH64 crews were selected from the infantry, both commissioned and non-comissioned, its nice to know the guys above know what its like to be the guys below.

Comment

My army is better.

My hog riders will beat all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                            Oh - what a wopper !!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01046.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB