I had a tear in my eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a tear in my eye

Previously, I owned a Clio 1.4 Dynamique. I had it from new in 2007 and swapped it for a Volvo in 2012. Since then I've seen it driving around quite a bit because it's fairly locally owned. Today, I actually walked past it. It's as spotless today as the day I sold it and apart from not having new car smell, it was like a new car then. It does me good to know that I loved it while I had it and since then it has been well cared for. I wonder if I'll feel the same way about my DS3 in 3 years time?

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Car Old Car.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	367853

I can't believe how plain it was!
    "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Nice to see that someone is looking after it! I dread to think what WTF (my first DS3) looks like.

So please both of my previous cars aren't local, would break my heart to see them! WTF because of the history behind her and she was my first new new car.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

The Clio was my first new car. Although I always hated the colour I loved it so much and was very sad when I traded it in. Sadly, my head was turned by gadgets and BHP.

Comment

I part exchanged my first car (a Ford Ka) for a brand new Pug 207 a few years ago, and when I took my Pug for the 1000 mile check/mini service, the Ka was parked outside as one of the guys who worked there bought her as a little run around. Definitely nearly shed a tear! She was a tin can on wheels but I loved her. Thankfully didn't see her again after that.

Took my DS3 back to the dealer a couple of weeks after I bought it and saw my Pug for sale on the forecourt and wasn't really bothered! haha.
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post
          I part exchanged my first car (a Ford Ka) for a brand new Pug 207 a few years ago, and when I took my Pug for the 1000 mile check/mini service, the Ka was parked outside as one of the guys who worked there bought her as a little run around. Definitely nearly shed a tear! She was a tin can on wheels but I loved her. Thankfully didn't see her again after that.

Took my DS3 back to the dealer a couple of weeks after I bought it and saw my Pug for sale on the forecourt and wasn't really bothered! haha.
          It's strange the attachments we make to inanimate objects.

Comment

Working...
          X