Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay how you drive insurance

Pay how you drive

Here, GPS or tracking devices monitor how you drive. Of course, even then, the price still depends on your personal risk profile.

Co-operative. The Co-operative young driver insurance fits a 'smartbox' into 17-25-year-olds' cars to monitor acceleration, braking, cornering and time of driving – it then charges you for insurance every 90 days.
    The price of the insurance will then go down by around 10% or up by around 15% depending on how well the car’s been driven – and severe driving could see your insurance cancelled.

Co-op says the pay how you drive product could produce savings for the over three quarters of young drivers who drive well, with half expected to pay £328 less than typical competitor prices

http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co....ar?WT.svl=nav3

Thoughts? i doubt many will take it up, and i suggest Zack avoids it
    C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

As Much As I'd Love Cheaper Insurance... I Don't Think This Would Be Good For Me =/

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Especially if they see how the car's been driven this month and next after being on the dyno and the trackday in France xD
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Same I'm not in that age bracket! I'd save a fortune.

Comment

I'm intrigued by it really, be good if you could trial a box to see if you would actually make a saving though. Wouldn't surprise me if they were really harsh with their calculations. At least they are thinking outside the box.
          Desperately wanting a DS3. Currently own a not so amazing blue 1.2L 2002 Renault Clio

Comment

Working...
          X