1000 bears!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 bears!

Hey everyone, I know we hear about campaigns all the time but I just wanted to pop this here and if one person helps in even the smallest way I'd be over the moon.

Bit of background.

Last summer my mum was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer which had spread to her lungs this time. We knew it was terminal but didn't know how long we'd have with her. She was coping well with the aggressive chemo regime she had been put on and was planning on her holiday with her siblings to Wales. Unfortunately just before she could go away she was rushed back into hospital the day after getting over an infection. We lost her later that day (I looked everywhere but couldn't find her but no luck!), thankfully her family was with her when she went. It happened so quickly which we were grateful for as it turns out she had developed a large brain tumour and she would have been in pain not to long after. So thankful for small mercies.

All my family have been involved in scouting since as long as I can remember. My mum was the group treasurer for the group my nephews are a part of. The group have been amazing and decided to take on a huge undertaking, collecting, then selling 1000 bears in the memory of a wonderful woman.

So if anybody can help, even if in the smallest way I'd be eternally grateful. Donate a bear, suggest a way in which we can sell the Bears that would be great.

http://m.warringtonguardian.co.uk/ne...ttle_launched/

Thanks in advance.

Phil
    PS apologies for the bad joke, just my sense of humour. Also if it made you cry a little then sorry but imagine what I'm like writing this lol
    Phil Moran

sigpic

Hi Phil

Sorry to hear about your loss, I can't begin to imagine how difficult this has been.

Sorry if I've missed it, but how is best to donate a bear?

As thought about ways to sell the bears, what about a teddy bears picnic auction? Auction off the bears or other things? Have a picnic etc?

Mike
    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for your words and great idea.

It has also given me a related idea for some other bears I am going to MAKE, I know clumsy me!

With regards to donating bears, depending on location I am sure my dad or family would be able to collect or people could post them if they can. I can provide an address if people want to do this.

Thanks again

Phil
      Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't want you to drive all the way to Manchester! Could you please PM me your address and I'll prepare a care bear package? (Pun intended)
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

My family are in Warrington and other family in Salford.

I'll pm you now
          Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

So sorry to hear your sad news Phil, we can make something awesome happen and get 1000 bears though and make this a fantastic tribute to your wonderful Mum

I'll add to the home page and do some social media awareness for the campaign!

Do you have a Facebook page for it/the scout group have one? This kind of thing can spread really quickly as people want to help and with the page you and the scout group can add photo's as they come in.

Love the idea of a picnic!

When is the deadline? I don't mind being a teddy bear collection point. If people wanted to send to me at work - we have 24hr security so deliveries can be taken in all day. It's also a business address so I don't mind adding to the forum. Then if your family wanted to collect from me in Bolton? Rather than doing lots of driving about it could be a set date to pick them up?
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
              So sorry to hear your sad news Phil, we can make something awesome happen and get 1000 bears though and make this a fantastic tribute to your wonderful Mum

I'll add to the home page and do some social media awareness for the campaign!

Do you have a Facebook page for it/the scout group have one? This kind of thing can spread really quickly as people want to help and with the page you and the scout group can add photo's as they come in.

Love the idea of a picnic!

When is the deadline? I don't mind being a teddy bear collection point. If people wanted to send to me at work - we have 24hr security so deliveries can be taken in all day. It's also a business address so I don't mind adding to the forum. Then if your family wanted to collect from me in Bolton? Rather than doing lots of driving about it could be a set date to pick them up?
              Hey there, there wasn't a Facebook group but there is now (GREAT idea!)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/795988923863013/

Any help you can give that would be great and thank you so much for offering to be a collection/drop off point, very kind of you.

I have a few ideas that I will share here and on the Facebook group once they are finalised.

Thanks again so much

Phil
              Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Joined!
                My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                  Joined!
                  What do you think is better a Page or a group? I've made both lol
                  Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

A page needs to be 'watered' every day. People only really see what you share and post on their news feed. So you need to do enough to keep people keen and not too much it spams their feed.

Where as a group everyone in the group contributes. And when they do everyone gets a notification. Definitely more of a community feel to it. Better way of bouncing ideas around.
                    My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                    X