New Hot Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hot Hatch

Looking at replacing the DS3, looked around & the focus ST seems the best option, I want the new DS3R but it's only a 1.6T & the competition has moved on PLUS now I have to be an old women to drive one... The new adverts killed it for me :mad:

I really don't want to say goidbye to my baby but time stops for no car, perhaps I will get another one at a later date!

I will still come to meet ups & follow the forums!

Anyone on here got a Focus ST? Perhaps we can talk modifications

I'm sure I will be cisiting Jamie soon!
    - Challenge Accepted -

Oh No! There has to be a way we can keep you interested in a DS3 ......Remapped Turbo Diesel perhaps, slightly less power,loads of torque,plenty of fun and fuel economy,what`s not to like?! I wouldn`t wear the Where`s Wally glasses that feature in the new advert though!
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Sadly there isn't, a diesel doesn't do it for me only petrol, fuel economy isn't my greatest concern! Still waiting for my mustang lol!

The whole advert is awful! It should have been the 208s advert,
      - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

If you have just over £26k you can buy DS3WPR's Audi S3 - 300bhp as standard and a much better car than a Focus
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broda View Post
          Sadly there isn't, a diesel doesn't do it for me only petrol, fuel economy isn't my greatest concern! Still waiting for my mustang lol!

The whole advert is awful! It should have been the 208s advert,
          The advert makes me cringe so much, it makes the DS3 out to be either a granny's car, or a hairdressers car... and there is plenty of those about already!!
          Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
          E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

I agree the new ad is toss - I can't understand what DS are trying to do with it ?
            sigpic

Comment

It's only a 1.6 - but the power it gives is there. The 1.2 is really awesome - I think people get too hooked on the base numbers rather than the full specs and output.

The advert is just an advert for the car - not a summary of the drivers. I know it doesn't portray the sporty hatchback that we know and love. But this is the way DS are going - luxury over sporty.

It's all about what you make of it. not what box the marketing company put you in. If I eat snickers it's not because I want man up and 'get some nuts' - it's because I'm hungry.

Yessssssss the current ambassador who is in the adverts looks like your eccentric great gran. But she's a pretty cool lady who basically gives no sh*ts what people think. And - I much the same, I couldn't care less about what people think about me as a driver of the car. It ticks all the boxes that I need and want from my car

What they are trying to do with it is add the element of style - Driven by Style. Iris Apfel has her own style, and she does what she wants. She's easily comparable to Vivienne Westwood (in my mind) without the Sex Pistols and Anarchy. She's doing her own thing - and doesn't care what you think.

I think the strap line is a quote she made like this: "I'm not pretty, and I'll never be pretty, but it doesn't matter. I have something much better. I have style."

Others of hers
              * I don't have any rules, because I'd only be breaking them
              * You have to be interested. If you're not interested, you can't be interesting.
              * I see myself as the world's oldest living teenager... I try to get as much kick out of things as possible.

If Arnie had said the ones above, it would seem way cooler.

Or if DS had gone with a male fashionista, I'm sure people would complain about man buns and trendy beards and the women would grumble that they didn't fit the box. Adding a personality to a brand will never please everyone. And I know my thoughts are way off what many on here think - It's quite a male populated forum. BUT - it's just a lady in an advert. It will change in a few months.

If you like the way the DS looks, and the spec is right - who cares what the advert is on the idiot box
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

1.6l turbo is the performance standard engine size for cars of DS3 size- Fiesta, Polo, Corsa , OK Mini has a 2 but that only one I can think of. Focus is next size bigger car.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                  If you like the way the DS looks, and the spec is right - who cares what the advert is on the idiot box
                  Totally agree.
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

We all love our DS3,that`s why we`re here! All our cars are individual too which makes them equally special!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                      It's only a 1.6 - but the power it gives is there. The 1.2 is really awesome - I think people get too hooked on the base numbers rather than the full specs and output.

The advert is just an advert for the car - not a summary of the drivers. I know it doesn't portray the sporty hatchback that we know and love. But this is the way DS are going - luxury over sporty.

It's all about what you make of it. not what box the marketing company put you in. If I eat snickers it's not because I want man up and 'get some nuts' - it's because I'm hungry.

Yessssssss the current ambassador who is in the adverts looks like your eccentric great gran. But she's a pretty cool lady who basically gives no sh*ts what people think. And - I much the same, I couldn't care less about what people think about me as a driver of the car. It ticks all the boxes that I need and want from my car

What they are trying to do with it is add the element of style - Driven by Style. Iris Apfel has her own style, and she does what she wants. She's easily comparable to Vivienne Westwood (in my mind) without the Sex Pistols and Anarchy. She's doing her own thing - and doesn't care what you think.

I think the strap line is a quote she made like this: "I'm not pretty, and I'll never be pretty, but it doesn't matter. I have something much better. I have style."

Others of hers
                      * I don't have any rules, because I'd only be breaking them
                      * You have to be interested. If you're not interested, you can't be interesting.
                      * I see myself as the world's oldest living teenager... I try to get as much kick out of things as possible.

If Arnie had said the ones above, it would seem way cooler.

Or if DS had gone with a male fashionista, I'm sure people would complain about man buns and trendy beards and the women would grumble that they didn't fit the box. Adding a personality to a brand will never please everyone. And I know my thoughts are way off what many on here think - It's quite a male populated forum. BUT - it's just a lady in an advert. It will change in a few months.

Joni is exactly right.

Hey, every car advert shows completely empty roads!

Personally I would be very happy with a new DSPerformance rather than an ST / Audi / Golf etc - that's my choice based on the car not the TV advert.

Comment

Mighty Car Mods sumarised this issue perfectly when they were supercharging a mini.

Moog, the owner was adament he didn't want to know what the dyno reported before or after installing the supercharger. He discusses his reasons here:

https://youtu.be/evBxi9EPhDc?t=715

TL;DW - It's not about what number the car makes, it's about how it makes you feel driving it.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

My car feels great...I don`t want to know the dyno result! Turbo and Supercharge me happy!
                          Last edited by JEZDS3; 11-03-2016, 14:08.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                            TL;DW - It's not about what number the car makes, it's about how it makes you feel driving it.
                            Hey, thats not how the internet works, its all about saying you have a bigger, longer, faster whatever than somebody else, even if you dont.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                              If you have just over £26k you can buy DS3WPR's Audi S3 - 300bhp as standard and a much better car than a Focus
                              You can get a new S4 for not much more than that
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X