No announcement yet.

New Hot Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really ? I looked out of interest at the S3 on the Audi configurator and it was around the £36k mark I'm surprised a S4 comes out cheaper - crazy dealer prices eh ?

Also, your Golf R - is that 2wd ? If so that's a lot of German horses for the front wheels isn't it ?
    Last edited by lfcrule1972; 11-03-2016, 16:40.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
      Hey, thats not how the internet works, its all about saying you have a bigger, longer, faster whatever than somebody else, even if you dont.
      We drive DS3 because we have no insecurity about size!
      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Love the car, hate the new ad - that's me
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          Really ? I looked out of interest at the S3 on the Audi configurator and it was around the £36k mark I'm surprised a S4 comes out cheaper - crazy dealer prices eh ?

Also, your Golf R - is that 2wd ? If so that's a lot of German horses for the front wheels isn't it ?
          Car WOW, and a few other sites are doing new Audi S4s round just over £30k. Base spec (Which is pretty good) and no frills

No- my R is 4wd. Actually it is not a pure 4WD as its a HALDEX system, which sense when 4WD is needed... etc etc

Its the most planted motor Ive ever driven, even at high speeds :-)
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I agree with you all! It's a real conundrum! I have had two DS3s (6years)!

My issue is Audis are boring and soul less, I couldn't drive a Golf (no offence), now with the R Line people's 1.0 looks like a real R?! For a small hot hatch I'm left with the DS3, Focus ST & 235i, neither of which are as much fun! But performance speaks to me as a driver

I think Citroen should make a hardcore DS3, 4WD or RWD with a 2.0 Turbo!

What a car that would be!

My son wants to buy a DS3 as his first car soon, so either way I will never be far from one, he can't get insurance on a 155 so is looking at the 115 HDI

I need to keep thinking
            - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

...or you could get an A-Class like me and take my 82VTi off my hands for your son

Comment

Why not send me some pictures & details
                - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Originally posted by Broda View Post
                  My issue is Audis are boring and soul less, I couldn't drive a Golf (no offence), now with the R Line people's 1.0 looks like a real R?!
                  All about performance for me, and a tuned Golf (354.8bhp) is around 4 seconds and can give a few Porsche a run for their money

TBH I didn't get the VWR for its looks
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

The looks are part of the problem, they're just boring to drive in my opinion

It may off the line because of the 4WD, but out a roundabout a 911 would be off, brakes, handling, acceleration from 40-50 on,depends who's game your playing

No doubt they're fast but where's the character?
                    - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

You should drive one.... then maybe your thought would change
                      The speed gives a lurch in you stomach, and just keeps going, and going

With the 4wd, the handling is the best Ive ever been in

Complaints: even on a standard the gadgets are over the top,cruise control is horrible, front brake assist is frightening (The car seems to break when it wants if you go for it)
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Why not send me some pictures & details
                        I'll have to get back to you on that one, the finance isn't up until July so I'd have to borrow the money to buy it to then sell it! It's all a lot of faff and I'm most likely to go down the We Buy Any Car route.

I have to agree with you on the Golf R though... I love everything about it but it's still a Golf.

Comment

I have driven one, I personally am not a fan of 4WD & prefer RWD the system seemed average & it struggles to hold an apex/line (typical of 4WD), also I found that the car seemed quick of the line but didn't go very well after (maybe a tune would help!)

Can't brake assist be turned off / disconnected?

I would rather have a 235i (PCP deals are similar, BM is actually cheaper)
                          - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

I have driven one, I personally am not a fan of 4WD & prefer RWD the system seemed average & it struggles to hold an apex/line (typical of 4WD), also I found that the car seemed quick of the line but didn't go very well after (maybe a tune would help!)

Can't brake assist be turned off / disconnected?

I would rather have a 235i (PCP deals are similar, BM is actually cheaper)
                            Brake assist cant be turned off- safety feature.
                            2 wheel drive with 300+ BHP... ooo, not for me. Difficult to handle
                            235i.. ugly, underpowered and overated. Purely my opinion obvs
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

300BHP isn't enough

235i - I agree it's not the prettiest, it puts down about 330BHP & 300NM, not too bad!

It's just the best drivers hot hatch imo, but it's a 1 series really, can you see I'm struggling lol!

If I want some real power... Pull out my stang, 500 at the rear ;D

Do we know how long the new facelift will last before another change?
                              - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

I'd much rather have an Audi or a VW than a cheap/nasty Ford. The S1, S3 or Golf R are much better options for me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X