No announcement yet.

Insurance: What is the White? A DStyle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance: What is the White? A DStyle?

Just updating my insurance and the White wasn't coming up on their system, they were asking if it is a DStyle. I know it has most of the DStyle trim level but has a few extras.

How have people explained this with new cars that aren't coming up on their system?

Yep Its Classed As A DStyle Mate !

Comment

Cheers, will confirm that when I transfer it on Thursday. Also need to come clean about me new points. Balls.

Comment

Whoa!! Make SURE that the insurance company knows it's a White special edition and not just a DStyle for two reasons;

First the White is based off a DStyle but it's not a DStyle
        Second there is the price difference and spec change between the two cars

Don't give any Insurance company ammo to void a claim because it was the wrong model listed.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

That's what i was worried about.

Will make sure they get it spot on. I have it down as a 'Citroen DS3 White 1.6 HDi 90'. Is that right?

Comment

My white often comes up as a Black when U use the reg no to find the car, best way is select the car yourself using the make, model route

Yes that sounds right............assuming that you have the diesel version of the White and not the petrol one

Comment

I gave AA a call (my current insurance company) and gave them the number plate and she read out all the correct details

Def going to change company as online looking around I can get fully comp with courtesay car, windscreen and legal with no claims protected for £340, my current AA deal runs out in June and is £520!

Citroen insurance said the best deal they could get me, using the special deal as I brought a car from them AND with the no claims was over £600 !

Comment

Just checked the Endsleigh website under a new quote and found a White listed right at the bottom of their list so it must be on their system, will clarify it tomorrow before my Thursday pickup!
                Living in E3, I'm paying £800 ish. 8 years NCB, zero claims! Good old London!

Citroen wanted £1400!!! More than my 07 TT!!
                Last edited by edryn80; 29-03-2011, 20:52. Reason: Forgot som'ting

Comment

I'm paying 183.20...................... don't live in London

Comment

Originally posted by edryn80 View Post
                    Just checked the Endsleigh website under a new quote and found a White listed right at the bottom of their list so it must be on their system, will clarify it tomorrow before my Thursday pickup!
                    Living in E3, I'm paying £800 ish. 8 years NCB, zero claims! Good old London!

Citroen wanted £1400!!! More than my 07 TT!!
                    M5 3 - £2k

I win.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I have a white,

make sure you put manufacturer date of 2010 even though mine is an 11 plate.

then is should come up.
                      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                      Third time around.
                      Work in Progress

Comment

Working...
                      X