2016 - The new Look C3 - Info and specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 - The new Look C3 - Info and specs

OPTIMISTIC New C3 is audacious by design, with a strikingly unique morphology whose keynote features
    are a high-standing, charismatic front end and generous curves, producing a powerful, energetic posture. The
    slick, smooth outline, graphic signature and cool colours make New C3 an undeniable trend-setter. And the car’s
    strong personality readily accommodates extensive customization capabilities, designed with a global approach,
    for coherence and value enhancement. This is an affordable mid-range model addressing a broad sector of the
    population with the promise of a singular car that can match individual tastes and aspirations. For the two-tone
    exterior, there’s a choice of three roof colours, plus colour choices for the foglamps, wing mirrors, rear C pillar
    graphic and Airbumps®. Inside, customers can choose between four different mood packs addressing three
    different motoring outlooks. As soon as you step in, the interior feels remarkably spacious, a sensation enhanced by
    the upholstery and uncluttered horizontal dashboard.

HUMAN
    New C3 exudes an unmistakable impression of well-being. The design was guided throughout by
    the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, which charts an up-to-the-minute approach to Citroën’s timehonoured
    supremacy in motoring comfort. The sensation of superlative comfort starts with the seats, visually as well
    as physically comfortable, the panoramic sunroof that floods the passenger compartment in light, the ingenious
    stowage features, and the generous space allocations. These first impressions are confirmed by the colours and
    materials, which draw overt inspiration from the worlds of furniture and travel, consistent with New C3’s aim to
    make people feel literally at home when travelling by car. The deliberately designed cocoon effect filters out
    disturbances from the outside world, and offers ergonomic usage with all functions accessible from the 7” screen,
    plus hands-free ignition. Equipped with 5 doors, the new C3 is practical while remaining compact with its length
    contained to 3,99m.

SMART New C3 brings up-to-the-minutes technologies, starting with the world première of Citroën
    ConnectedCam™, a fully integrated and connected HD camera system that films your on-the-road experience for
    immediate sharing on the social network or for subsequent viewing (or as evidence in the event of an incident, for
    example). Advanced driver assistance systems include: 3D connected navigation with speech recognition,
    reversing camera, lane departure alert, and blind spot monitoring. The efficiency of New C3 also extends to a full
    range of high-performance, high-efficiency engines (PureTech petrol, BlueHDi diesel) and the EAT6 latest-generation
    automatic transmission.

There's a lot of marketing buzz words to read through -

For example:
    "New C3 is audacious by design, with a strikingly unique morphology whose keynote features are a high-standing, charismatic front end and generous curves, producing a powerful, energetic posture

But some keypoints I think will be the main questions.

What colours will the C3 come in?
    Not sure just yet, but
    For the two-tone exterior, there’s a choice of three roof colours, plus colour choices for the foglamps, wing mirrors, rear C pillar
    graphic and Airbumps®. Inside, customers can choose between four different mood packs addressing three
    different motoring outlooks.

Engines?
    New C3 comes with a choice of latest-generation highly efficient and fuel-economical PureTech petrol and BlueHDi diesel
    engines. There’s a choice of three PureTech three-cylinder petrol engines, with manual transmission: PureTech 68, 82
    and 110 (Stop & Start). And there are two manual diesel powertrains: BlueHDi 75 (Stop & Start) and 100 (Stop &
    Start).

Tech Spec?
    Assistance:
    • CITROËN Connect Nav on 7" Touch Drive interface is a new-generation connected touch-operated satnav
    system controlled by voice or from the 7” touchscreen tablet. It ties in with connected services such as TomTom
    Traffic, for realtime traffic information, geolocation and price details for service stations and carparks, weather
    forecasts, and information on local points of interest. There’s also an optional “danger zones” service that
    9/10 provides visual and audible warnings of accident black spots and dangers, in realtime. Car-driver interaction is
    enhanced by speech recognition for navigation, phone and media. functions
    • Mirror Screen technology duplicates the driver’s smartphone screen directly on the vehicle’s central screen.
    The driver can access to his multimedia content and monitor directly his smartphone from the digital screen.
    Available with Apple CarPlayTM, Android Auto (available early2017) and MirrorLink®.
    • The reversing camera, with parking aids, switches on automatically when reverse gear is selected, to provide
    valuable extended-vision assistance during vehicle manoeuvres, in the form of a main-screen display of what’s
    behind the car, along with colour markers indicating distance to any obstacles.
    • Hill-Start Assist helps with pullaway from standstill on gradients steeper than 3%, preventing unwanted vehicle
    motion down the slope when the brake pedal is released by stabilizing the car for two seconds.

Technologies for safety:
    • Lane Departure Warning System helps guard against driver drowsiness and momentary inattention, at speeds
    from 65 km/h. If the car crosses a lane marker line without the indicator having been activated, the system
    issues a visual and audible warning.
    • The Blind-Spot Monitoring System detects whether there is a vehicle in the blind spot, and shows this as a
    pictogram in the wing mirror. This system, which uses the same principle as a reversing radar, provides a
    valuable safety boost on routes such as urban motorways.
    • Driver Attention Alert warns the driver when it’s time to take a break, i.e. after two hours’ uninterrupted driving
    at speeds above 70 km/h, then every hour thereafter.

Utility services:
    • Citroën Connect Box with SOS Pack puts the driver in touch with a specialized assistance service. In the event of
    accident, a short message is sent in manual or automatic mode via GSM to a platform hosting the call
    processing service. The message includes vehicle identification, driver phone number and precise geographical
    location details.

ConnectedCAM Citroën™

The ConnectedCAM Citroën™ is making its first appearance in New C3. It is a connected camera (wide 120° angle, full HD, 2 million pixels) with GPS and a 16GB internal memory. Positioned just behind the rear-view mirror, it records what the driver sees for two main purposes;

* The driver can click a button to safely take photos as keepsakes or for instant sharing on social media. A longer press of the button captures video for up to 20 seconds, which can then be shared once the car is stationary. Stored content is directly accessible via the ConnectedCAM Citroën™ free app.

* In the event of a vehicle collision, the video system switches on automatically. The video can run for up to 1½ minutes (30 seconds before and 60 after the incident). This footage can be useful as evidence following an accident.

With the ConnectedCAM Citroën™, a driver can also locate their vehicle and store its position to ensure they can find it in unfamiliar or busy places.

Does it have a cupholder?
    Not sure.....

There’s an ingenious central cubby, designed to keep maximum
    free space at the front of the vehicle. And the glove box is the largest in this vehicle segment. The front doors have
    capacious and ingenious cubbies, in a light colour to contrast with what’s in them, making things easier to find
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

I like it, interesting looking but not daft, sorta like a more funky fiat panda.

However unless they get rid of some of the dealers (including my local one who are the stars of a few different "OMG the dealer attempted to fix but destroyed my car instead and said they didn't" threads on here as well as "I've bought a clearly faulty ds3 but the dealer says it isn't and Citroen don't care" but somehow it still has a franchise.) then I'm unlikely to come back to the brand.

Which is a shame as we'd be in the market for a small 5 door after the DS3 and this looks pretty cool.
    Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
    Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

I don't mind the exterior but I really don't like the interior. It looks like they've stuck various materials and a tablet into a 1980s interior.

Comment

Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
        E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Looks hideous

Comment

It does have cup holders, they're visible in some of the interior photos online.

Overall I think it looks great. Totally different to the DS3 and I think the next DS3 will be totally different again and less linked than the current C3 and DS3 have been.

Whilst the interior looks comfy, I'm sorry but I can't entertain the idea of living with that terrible all-in-one screen borrowed from the Cactus and 308. Merging ventilation and entertainment into one screen is an ergonomics nightmare.

So, top marks on the exterior - its distinctive in the way a Citroen should be. But interior is already looking flawed from a usability point of view.

Hope it does well for Citroen anyway - it surely must compared to the current version, which hasn't aged well next to the DS3.

Typed on a phone

Comment

Wow, that interior. What have you done Citroen?! :-/ Looks like the interior of a basic delivery van.
              The exterior looks nice. But I kinda like the Cactus too, so. Nobody I know likes the Cactus besides me, makes me think it'll be a tougher sell than the current bland C3 for most people.

Comment

It's not for me but it looks way better than the current C3
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  It's not for me but it looks way better than the current C3
                  Dunno i think the current C3 looks Ok.. i mean OK as in totally basic but its not meant to be anything else.

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                  E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by flemmo View Post
                    ...into a 1980s interior.
                    Lol!! Have you actaully sat in a car from the 80s rescently?

Originally posted by StevenRB45 View Post
                    ...However unless they get rid of some of the dealers (including my local one who are the stars of a few different "OMG the dealer attempted to fix but destroyed my car instead and said they didn't" threads on here as well as "I've bought a clearly faulty ds3 but the dealer says it isn't and Citroen don't care" but somehow it still has a franchise.) then I'm unlikely to come back to the brand.
                    When people (customers) don't get their way they tend to scream blue bloody murder and that's what you see on the forums. The complainers.

The sad fact is that not many people take the time to compliment good service.

Originally posted by DigitalCal View Post
                    ...Whilst the interior looks comfy, I'm sorry but I can't entertain the idea of living with that terrible all-in-one screen borrowed from the Cactus and 308. Merging ventilation and entertainment into one screen is an ergonomics nightmare.
                    If I had a penny for everytime I heard that...!

The reason Citroen is using the screen is because of weight. The biggest issue Citroen has to face is the demands laid out by the EU over CO2 emissions which is why the car is set out to be as light as possible and by using the screen there is a big saving to be made.

In reality the screen is very simple to use and includes "shortcut" buttons to make minor changes while on the move without having to go through the menu (I'm thinking iDrive here!). But really how many times are you actually changing the heating controls on the move?
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                      Lol!! Have you actaully sat in a car from the 80s rescently?

When people (customers) don't get their way they tend to scream blue bloody murder and that's what you see on the forums. The complainers.

If I had a penny for everytime I heard that...!

The reason Citroen is using the screen is because of weight. The biggest issue Citroen has to face is the demands laid out by the EU over CO2 emissions which is why the car is set out to be as light as possible and by using the screen there is a big saving to be made.

In reality the screen is very simple to use and includes "shortcut" buttons to make minor changes while on the move without having to go through the menu (I'm thinking iDrive here!). But really how many times are you actually changing the heating controls on the move?
                      So Bigfeet, you'll be trading in the T-Spark for one i assume?

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
                        So Bigfeet, you'll be trading in the T-Spark for one i assume?
                        Lol! Don't need to my friend, perks of the job

Comment

Been nosing over the press pics and I have to admit I prefer the look of the car without the airbumps!

Click image for larger version

Name:	c3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	360473

Comment

N'aww, it's a baby Cactus! I wouldn't have one, but it does look better than the current C3!
                            Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                            Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post

While I take your point, my personal experience of them would be them taking 2 months to source the wrong wheels another month to source the right ones, a week to fit them in which time we were left without a car despite having requested one at time of appointment and being told we'd get one, and then the new wheels being damaged when the car was returned.

Could be worse there was a recent thread on here where they sold a car with an electrical fault and destroyed the interior fault finding but didn't fix it.

If the same garage keeps coming up time and again it starts to become a "there's no smoke without fire" situation.

Not saying all the dealers are bad but they could do with getting rid of the some that will do nothing but lose the brand customers.
                              Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                              Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Working...
                              X