Nicknames!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicknames!

A caller was on Radio one who had been given the nick name 'Cod Face' by her parents after she sulked when she was refused an ice cream. 20 odd years later they still call her cod face.

So that got me thinking......

Do you have one? Ans is there a random story linked to it?

I've had a few:
    Freck - I call my sister freak, she spelled freak wrong on something. So Freck came about
    Star - My friend used to call me Jonester, this evolved to Jonistar, then shortened to Star
    Moody Sea Pigeon - after a boat we saw.....when drunk... in the sea

My friends have had some good ones. We used to call my friend Mr Tumnus becuase he had really hairy legs. But then we adopted Hairy Leg Sh*t Beast instead.
    Pin Head - the guy had a REALLY small head
    Corpse - he looked really unwell and like the living dead all the time
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

At primary school I was called "Towel Head" by some class mates as some of my elaborate stories were considered more than just "Flannel" !
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

I was called Arnie at one job, after Arnold Schwarzenegger (googled the spelling haha) due to my physique of being 6ft and 9 stone haha, when I was early 20's.

Comment

You forgot JoBo....

My nickname at school was Dov.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Ive known some great ones in the Army, a lad called Square Peg, he didn't really fit in, also Private Sly Bacon (Cunningham), Digger was a lad who's last names was Graves but he changed it to Ryan which confused the hell out of people who didnt know him as Graves.

As for me and my family, none of us are called by our normal names. My wife calls me by my surname as does my lad, my daughter calls me by my first name. My daughter is known as Peach although her actual name is very different, my lad is know universally as 'the boy'.
          My wife is referred to as 'tiddy' by her family and friends but ive always called her by her maiden name.

Comment

Hmm I've always been Moonhead due to a random insult from a friend of mine. However in my short spell at McDonalds, I was known as "The Colonel" due to my surname being Sanders and working in a fast food joint etc
            DStort
            DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

I've had a few during different periods of time

During Elementary School I was called 'Tullum' ( singular form of 'Tulumba', a turkish dessert very popular in our country), and that because I was quite fat, and if you search 'tulumba' on google you'll know why haha.

During High School i was called 'Rasta' as in Rastaman, that's beacuse I had very long dreadlocks... except a teacher of mine, he always called me 'Spanish'

And during University, colleagues called me 'Profa' short for Professor, because most of professor would use me as their assistant...

Now people call me Albish, although my real name is only Albi

Cheers
              DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

I got the nickname of Tiny when I started playing rugby...as I was tall for a 15 year old. That name stuck, and when I finished playing 30 years later, there were people who I had known for years who didn't know my real name.
                I tend to go by AnotherPhil on the internet because when I first joined a chat room there was already somebody logged on called Phil.
                I also have a mate who's nickname is splat, since that time his parachute didn't open.

Haven't been here a while, but just ordered another DS3, so thought I'd pop in and say Hi.

Comment

Oh hi Phil! A while? That being.... 4 years?
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherPhil View Post
                    I got the nickname of Tiny when I started playing rugby...as I was tall for a 15 year old. That name stuck, and when I finished playing 30 years later, there were people who I had known for years who didn't know my real name.
                    I tend to go by AnotherPhil on the internet because when I first joined a chat room there was already somebody logged on called Phil.
                    I also have a mate who's nickname is splat, since that time his parachute didn't open.

Haven't been here a while, but just ordered another DS3, so thought I'd pop in and say Hi.
                    I remember you ಠ__ಠ
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Wow...4 years? Did you miss me?

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherPhil View Post
                        Wow...4 years? Did you miss me?
                        50/50. I still stalk you on Facebook.

Get a old newbie thread up!
                        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

My Facebook hasn't been too exciting recently. I need to do more stuff..

a Prestige Member newbie thread? How does that work?
                          And how did it know that I've ordered a Prestige for that matter?

Spooky.

Comment

There's a lot to tell to let's take the scenic route.....

Remember when Sag changed the forum and everyone fell out about membership?

That's here: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ull-Membership

Then I changed the names, that's here: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ership-changes

Because you are X amount of posts in this is called Prestige! We're not that good, we know what DS3 you have before you sign up

Oh, and I no longer work for the animal charity. I'm up North now and I live with Liam (Dangerousfish) you know, the guy I loved to hate...... Ohhhhhh, and I took the reins from Sag. Think that's it?
                            My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

yeah...I think I knew most of that...I stalk the pair of you on facebook after all.

There was some falling out with another group, but I never worked out what that was about.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow, in case I don't post for another 4 years.

Is the full membership worth it? Is the shoutbox thing busy?

Comment

Working...
                              X