Used car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used car

Hello, need a little advice the daughter in law bought a used polo from a garage within 25 days the timing chain/broke the garage took it back have her a courtesy car but she's not happy, she wants her Mooney back what are her rights.

I'm not sure she is necessarily entitled to a refund, but a satisfactory repair

Comment

I'm not used to the british law but assume it won't be so different to the german law.
      According to german law (§§439, 440 BGB) the seller has the right for rework. After the second failed attempt the buyer can demand reverse transaction.

Comment

Yeah they should fix it for free - I had 3 months warranty on this one, not sure about yours. Refund is unlikely, they MIGHT offer a very generous part-ex on another one of their cars where you only contribute a tiny fraction, but again I doubt it. Used car salesmen are absolute c**ts from my personal experience
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Under the new law if the fault is within 30 days you are entitled to a full refund, if outside 30 days but within 6 months then its a refund, replacement or repair.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
            Under the new law if the fault is within 30 days you are entitled to a full refund, if outside 30 days but within 6 months then its a refund, replacement or repair.
            thanks

Comment

Working...
            X