Car Tax/VED big rises from April 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Tax/VED big rises from April 2017

Had a chat with someone at a bootsale today, who was telling me how some cars would be paying £k's literally for car tax when purchased new from next April 2017. Wasnt aware of what he was talking about, so came home and carried out some minimal research.

Seems he was right

The only new cars that will not see an increase are those rated £0 atm

Wonder if it will put a few off getting a tasty motor, and be interested to know what the rate will be for Petrol DSports? Mine was £165 for the THP 155 and £185 for the THP 150 atm i believe
    I dont know the emissions levels of the DS3s as thats what the tax level is based on, but will post up a table shortly (Cant seem to do it)

Have always thought that those that pay £0 Tax should contribute as they use the roads as much as anyone else (And we own a £0 rate vehicle) but this hike seems quite a lot, altho not got to full grips with it

Some say just 1st Year, others say 5 years

Fancy paying for a new motor and having to pay £2000 for road tax........
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...ut-uk-road-tax

Idiotic government plebs: "Oh, look, current tax bands have encouraged car manufacturers to make much more eco-friendly cars. Let's fuck over anyone who want to buy one."

Also, charging £310 a year for 5 years JUST for owning a new car over £40k?! Regardless of emissions?! What the shit are they smoking?
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Hows it affect the bigger emitting DS3s do we know?
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

If you're specifically looking at Citroen DSports, then no difference I think as it only applies to new cars. If you're looking at DS Prestige/Ultra Prestige/Performance, then the highest CO2 output is 129g/km (165 engine; the 208 is 125g/km) and costs £160 for the first year, and £140 thereafter. The stop/start really cuts the emissions on the new ones.
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

^^^ OOooo. Thats good

My motor will be going up to £500 brand new for first year, then £180 thereafter- till they increase it again...
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

For most normal cars, looks like there won't be a significant hit. Just screws over cars with emissions of 1-100g/km and cars over £40k.

Basically no reason to get a new diesel DS3 any more, as you gotta pay the £140 a year same as everyone plus fuel is more expensive. Just get a Performance seems to be the way forward!
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
              For most normal cars, looks like there won't be a significant hit. Just screws over cars with emissions of 1-100g/km and cars over £40k.

Basically no reason to get a new diesel DS3 any more, as you gotta pay the £140 a year same as everyone plus fuel is more expensive. Just get a Performance seems to be the way forward!
              Or just buy a <100g/km DS3 registered before April 1st 2017 and still pay £0 tax!! Wonder if there will be a surge for these cars as people figure it out?
              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

For most normal cars, looks like there won't be a significant hit.
                Mines a VW Golf and thats £500 for the first year, when its £180 now!
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

A Golf R isn't just a normal car though
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

A Golf R isn't just a normal car though
                    Will take that as a compliment :star:

All the Golfs look pretty much the same... Its bleedin fast tho, altho dont use the high speed particularly often
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Nor me,but I took an Audi S...? in 4th gear after a round about near home and I hit *** and left them for dust,not bad for 99g/km and zero tax! (In a dream I had in my nap after lunch of course )
                      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Looking at an S4 next time round for me- or a DS3 Performance Black if i dont get a cheap DS3Dsport for track use
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                        X