New Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Phone

As much as i love my little Motorola Moto G and its littleness, various tasks have recently proved that more ooomph is needed in the processing department.
    So i have bought myself a Motorola Moto G4 Plus
    https://www.motorola.co.uk/products/moto-g-plus
    Click image for larger version

Name:	M64P.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	368277
    It has 64Gb of storage
    4GB of Ram
    Dual Sim and a fingerprint reader for when im way too busy to type in 8 digits.
    1080 resolution on a 5.5" screen
    1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon octa-core processor with 550 MHz Adreno 405 GPU
    And can add up to 128GB of storage via microSD
    I love that the version of Android 6 is very stripped down, no bloatware and now ive added stuff like VLC and the like is so easy to use,

All in all im very impressed.
    sigpic

Used to own a Moto Razor a few years ago, loved that phone and it's metal keyboard!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
      Used to own a Moto Razor a few years ago, loved that phone and it's metal keyboard!
      Its owned by Lenovo now who are a huge player in the electronics industry, i think they must have learnt a lesson from when they were rumbled for bundling bloat and spyware into their laptops.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
        Its owned by Lenovo now who are a huge player in the electronics industry, i think they must have learnt a lesson from when they were rumbled for bundling bloat and spyware into their laptops.
        Lol are you kidding, you bought one of their laptops recently... still full of it.
        Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
        E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
          Lol are you kidding, you bought one of their laptops recently... still full of it.
          I never mentioned i bought a Lenovo laptop!

With the exception of laptops, i build my own PCs. With laptops i wipe the drive and re-instal the OS clean from MS then just instal the relevant drivers.

Any pre built machine will have bloatware and vendor specific software pre-installed, most is not invasive although W10 itself using significant telemetry (so will any smart TV). A fresh instal of the OS and the use of progs like Spybot Anti Beacon will stop it.
          Last edited by Drummond Base; 20-11-2016, 08:29.
          sigpic

Comment

I ve had this phone a couple of weeks now and its outstanding, the 4gb internal RAM means it zips along even with a mass of apps open and the camara is up there with phones twice the price.
            In fact it performs better all round than my daughters iPhone 5.
            Downsides, if you call it that is its has a large screen, great for watching or doing stuff but not so easy to hide in a back pocket, also no little flashing light to tell me i have received a message.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X