Two robbed of $5m in road hold-up near Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two robbed of $5m in road hold-up near Paris

Masked men have robbed two Qatari women and their driver on a motorway north of Paris, taking valuables worth €5m (£4.5m; $5.6m), police sources say.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38064242

Since returning to the UK in April, i have been working as a Security Manager for an UHNW family in London, the above is amongst many courses of action i plan for and subsequently advise accordingly.
    People never think it will be them, through either poor previous advice, naivety or often arrogance.

And dont think its just the ultra wealthy it effects, £4m to a Qatari is no different then £200 to working family on holiday.
    sigpic

Jeez, tear gas?! These are some serious organised criminals :O

If I were rich I'd start driving around in a Fiat Panda to draw attention away.

Jokes aside, your job sounds really interesting! Interesting and stressful as hell...
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
      Jeez, tear gas?! These are some serious organised criminals :O

If I were rich I'd start driving around in a Fiat Panda to draw attention away.

Jokes aside, your job sounds really interesting! Interesting and stressful as hell...
      Always take what you read in the press with a pinch of salt, its may have been tear gas as its easily available on the continent but it could have been pepper spray.
      The previous six years working in the Middle East and Asia were more stressful as they are significantly more kinetic environments but the UK and Europe does have its moments.
      The biggest crime is those who call themselves a security professional but have little understand of anti or counter surveillance and pay lip service to pre-planning.

As a yardstick for the above vehicle move, i would have conducted a recce of the route, background on the clients, due diligence on the driver and produced a client vulnerability study of around 3000 - 6000 words.
      Last edited by Drummond Base; 22-11-2016, 12:56.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah would never of happened if you'd been on the job.

Comment

There is always a risk, the key part is minimising it. Defining the threat is the priority and that route is well known for its most dangerous and most likely courses of action.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X