Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four major cities move to ban diesel vehicles by 2025

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38170794
    The leaders of four major global cities say they will stop the use of all diesel powered cars and trucks by the middle of the next decade.
    The mayors of Paris, Mexico City, Madrid and Athens say they are implementing the ban to improve air quality.
    They say they will give incentives for alternative vehicle use and promote walking and cycling.
    The commitments were made in Mexico at a biennial meeting of city leaders.

A world without torques, who will tow all the caravans???????????????????
    sigpic

Remember when diesel was the "more environmentally friendly" option? Whoops.

Petrol all the way. It's be hilarious to see a WRX/Evo/etc. towing a caravan.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

And all the delivery vans/lorries, commercial vehicles, fire trucks, garbage trucks, police cars. Ohh wait those will not count. Just the common man will be screwed again.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        And all the delivery vans/lorries, commercial vehicles, fire trucks, garbage trucks, police cars. Ohh wait those will not count. Just the common man will be screwed again.
        My thought too, can't remember the last time I saw a petrol powered fire engine....
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

LPG or hybrids like the newer TFL buses.
          sigpic

Comment

This has been in the pipeline for a while, Paris has had limits for a while. The reason I was keen to avoid a diesel for my new car.

A lot of urban deliveries are made with electric and hybrid vehicles already and if they can ban HGVs from city centres it will be much nicer for everyone (certainly pedestrians and cyclists).

I'm sure they can make an exception for fire trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim R-T-C View Post

A lot of urban deliveries are made with electric and hybrid vehicles already and if they can ban HGVs from city centres it will be much nicer for everyone (certainly pedestrians and cyclists).
              can I have some of that crack?
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Tim R-T-C View Post
                and if they can ban HGVs from city centres it will be much nicer for everyone (certainly pedestrians and cyclists).
                I don't think you thought this one through.
                Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Banning the Toyota Prius would be the best thing for cyclists.

"oh you are new to the UK, have no idea how to drive on the left and have no evidence of passing a test, please take this Prius and this job with Uber"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
                    Banning the Toyota Prius would be the best thing for cyclists.

"oh you are new to the UK, have no idea how to drive on the left and have no evidence of passing a test, please take this Prius and this job with Uber"
                    As long as the driver is prepared to hand over the aux lead I have no problems with Uber.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X