Ds3 clutch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 clutch issue

My clutch pedal vibrates off and on, 21000 mls on clock, anyone know whats happening here

Hi there, could be a sign of the clutch beginning to slip, although that is a very low mileage for that to be happening. How is the bite point? Have you tried putting it in a high gear at low speed and flooring the accelerator to see if the revs jump up without the car getting faster?

I'm curious as to how you know the pedal is vibrating even when it is engaged - are you resting your foot on the pedal while driving? Because that is detrimental to the life of the clutch.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

My clutch went at 30 something thousand. Forget biting points and pulling away etc, drive at 70mph in 6th and put your foot down, you will see a spike in engine speed and sound around 3000 - 4000 rpm.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
        Hi there, could be a sign of the clutch beginning to slip, although that is a very low mileage for that to be happening. How is the bite point? Have you tried putting it in a high gear at low speed and flooring the accelerator to see if the revs jump up without the car getting faster?

I'm curious as to how you know the pedal is vibrating even when it is engaged - are you resting your foot on the pedal while driving? Because that is detrimental to the life of the clutch.
        I agree with this. If you do, prevent it. Resting your foot on the clutch is quite a bad habit to get into, so try and avoid it as much as possible if I were you.

Try to check if clutch is slipping. Start your engine with the emergency brake is engaged. Depress the clutch pedal then shift into 2nd/3rd gear and rev the engine to at least 2500rpm. Lastly. slowly release the clutch pedal. If the engine doesn't stall, then probably the clutch is slipping.

Comment

Is it easy to stall the car by letting the clutch out too quickly?

If the clutch is GOOD, it will stall. If the clutch is BAD it'll not stall as quickly due to the wear and tear being excessive.

That's one simple way to test it. If you know anybody else with a DS3 ask if you can drive it down the street to try and spot any big differences in how they are behaving.

The clutch in the DS3 isn't the finest part of its character in the best of times, that's for sure

Comment

Working...
          X