Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoned BT to com plain, walked away ££££ better off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoned BT to com plain, walked away ££££ better off.

Checked out my latest BT bill and noticed they had charged me £20 for my BT Sport instead of £5.

So gave them a ring and they immediately actioned a refund, while i was on the line i also asked them to cancel BT sport.
    Why they asked, i said i was going to change ISP in March so was starting by cancelling BT Sport.

Well i hadn't intended the call to be a haggle session and im no hustler but i managed to say the right things in the right order and came away with a corking deal.

BT Infinity 76mb £30 (£15 for three months)
    Line Rental - Free
    New Smart Hub - Free
    BT Sport - £5
    BT Mobile 20GB Data and UL calls/texts sim only no contract (Phone 1) - £16
    BT Mobile 4GB Data and UL calls/texts sim only no contract (Phone 2) - £10

All in all i think thats a mega deal, like i said i didnt set out to do anything other than question my bill.
    sigpic

I love how companies can afford to give you huge discounts whenever you ask for it....

Would be nice if they just kept prices low for everyone instead of these stupid newcomer deals and then hiking the price after a year.

Still, nothing to complain about for you, I've had BT Infinity in the past and it's brilliant.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Ive never had an issue either, constantly fast and sustained speeds and the only time ive had an issue they have been all over it quickly.
      BT Sport is great for me, i use it mostly for the UFC.
      They had to do something to remain competitive for Broadband, even though their mobile packages cant be beaten if you are a current customer.
      Something worth noting, i found my 20GB for £16 by hunting through the website coming across a spurious page by accident, not even the guys on the end of the phone knew the deals existed which were at odds with the prices on the main website, i signed up immidiatly and the wife did the same that day. Was even better when they said when my current 12 month sim only contract ran out (last Dec) i would go onto a rolling 30 day contract. Win win.
      sigpic

Comment

Done this deal yesterday afternoon, brand new smart hub arrived this morning. not bad service
        sigpic

Comment

Nice!
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Just running around the house reconnecting all the devices and naming them on the GUI, Also setting them to 2.4ghz or 5ghz depending on what they stream and the relative signal strength.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X