Will I Ever Get Her Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I Ever Get Her Back?

Hi ... not been on the Forum for a year as the simple fact is my DS3 has been off school since then. Guess what no compression in cylinder 4 and yes 2011 THP 150 DSPORT
    Finally sold the family jewels to get her back. Low and behold engine stripped down at dealer . Man cant find anything. Might need new head gasket. I said please check the pistons.
    Man say pistons ok. Man fit new gasket and rebuild engine only to find problem not solved but alas when taking it apart. BOOM . Pistons as much together
    as Donald Trump on steroids. Finally take down and rebuild and test drive .. O we cant give you it back just now its sticking like its misfiring on full beans some times. Been in for 4 weeks now. Not Citroen
    but reputable dealer and i am getting 50% parts n labour family discount. I know the piston is sorted but is this common JUDDER JUDDER THP temp loss of power ever
    fixable. ? Sorry for the rant but if i phone them 1 more time to suggest what it is I may not have a wife. O the last thing i mentioned was carbon build up and judging by the time the cars in the garage
    I MAY HAVE CARBON BUILD UP...thanks in advance and as per no warranty fully serviced at main dealer and CITREON UK abandon me like a lepper holding a baG
    OF ANTHRAX......

Personal opinion - Get rid of it.

After 4 weeks I'm surprised Citroen haven't replaced the engine. The juddering could be being caused by a faulty fuel pump. If the engine has had a full rebuild then carbon build up shouldn't be an issue now but it could be again in future.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Sorry for your woes

But your writing made me smile I realise that's littler help or assurance!
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Cut losses, new (Quality used) engine. The older the THP , the more notoriuos the reliability. Not on all, admittedly, but some.
        Then as Fish says
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks folks.... got Bella back from the Doctors today... drives like new thank god... piston was replaced and engine overhauled... turns out the problem with the flat spot was some sensor near the turbo not getting the air in as it hadnt been adjusted properly...
          new front spring and even after 11 months off the road sailed the MOT ... best £700 ive spent ...heres hoping she stays disease free....����....good to be DS3ing again

Comment

Good to hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

700 is a great price for a THP fix! Glad it's worked out
              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

That's really good news! Glad your DS3 is back on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X