Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any people out there know whether this is legal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any people out there know whether this is legal??

Hi guys,

I'm at my wits end with the parking in my area now and looking for some advice.

I live on a one way terrace street. There's parking bays on either side of the road all the way down, which means the actual road itself is very wide. HOWEVER, as a result of this, people think it's perfectly fine to park up next to people parked in bays and effectively block them in. As I see it, they're parking in the middle of the highway and that's got to be illegal??

I've attached a picture which shows an example and also the damage that's been done to my car in the past week by someone parking too close.

So what are my options? We've had meetings with the council in the past which they seem to do just to keep us quiet as they never actually do anything. Who am I best picking this back up with, my local counsellor, or ring the police (111 of course) and report it as illegal??

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170117_181019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	368422Click image for larger version

Name:	20170325_093258.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	368423

This page: https://www.herts.police.uk/advice/illegal_parking.aspx advises calling the Police on 101 and reporting them.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

101 as mentioned above

111 is NHS 111 service
      112 is still emergency services (Liam found this out yesterday!)

I'd keep a diary/log/pictures too as often as you can, get the neighbours involved.

Contact the council and present your case.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks both, ive got plenty of pics so i'll get in touch with the council and see if they'll listen!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Surely there should be some yellow lines, it's illegal to double park.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
            Surely there should be some yellow lines, it's illegal to double park.
            Neither the police or council see to car enough to want to do anything about it. It's going to take a serious piece of bad press like someone dying as a result of a fire engine or ambulance not being able to get down the street before they pull their finger out

Comment

That's a total p*ss take. Id've stood in street shouting and beeping my horn until they came out and moved it!!
              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Have you seen what a raw egg can do. (No shell) Disclaimer: this does not constitute advice.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Fuck the egg, get some brake fluid out and put it on the paint and window seals. What do seals do? Turn fish into shit.
                  Phyliss

Spreader of rumors, taker of lives, leader of men

Comment

I sense some anger issues here.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

There have been similar issues at work with double parking like that on the streets around the office, I was copied into an email from the Council that stated that the police would need to take action in examples like yours above. That would be my starting point rather than the council

http://www.operationcrackdown.org/

You could start here as well
                      sigpic

Comment

Print out a sheet of paper that says something like 'FRIENDLY ADVICE Please do not park your car for ANY length of time outside of the parking bays as you are at risk of being clamped/towed/reported to the Local Council/Police' - and put under their wipers.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeDS3 View Post
                          Print out a sheet of paper that says something like 'FRIENDLY ADVICE Please do not park your car for ANY length of time outside of the parking bays as you are at risk of being clamped/towed/reported to the Local Council/Police' - and put under their wipers.
                          under a brick is better.
                          @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Clamp the bastard

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
                              under a brick is better.
                              That made me lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...