Drone (UAV) aerial video/photography.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drone (UAV) aerial video/photography.

As I'm a complete novice to the world of Drones, DJI Phantom 4 pro, anyone else fly Drones ?
    Performance Powered By Thought
    Engineered Horsepower

No but some of them are amazing and the footage is superb. Are you doing this for fun or business Czar ?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
      No but some of them are amazing and the footage is superb. Are you doing this for fun or business Czar ?
      Currently just for fun, drones were not even on my radar until the other week, there was a guy in my local park by the river, flying one of these DJI Phantom 4 pro quadcopter as he called it, he had the Apple iPad mini as the viewing screen attached to the controller, however he did use his to earn its keep, after a long chat and demonstration I came away very impressed, I knew I just wanted one of these in my life, boys and toys eh.

Yes they are a tad expensive £1,600 + the cost of a Apple screen device, I'm an huge Apple fan, nothing else will do, + spare batteries £172 each + any other accessories, traveling pack, lens filters for the camera etc etc etc, the video and photograph imagery is 4K at 30 and 60 FPS and the photograph quality is to my eyes superb, as good if not better than my hand held camera, please don't misunderstand me, I'm not a video or photograph professional, nor do I ever intend to be, it's just fun for me, being able to track my movements, whilst providing aerial views is a whole new world to me, with the ability for my drone to fly up to two miles away from my position, whilst still providing video footage, to me is nothing short of sheer amazement, and at the touch of the RTH (return to home) button, it will fly itself back to its take off location, it's almost idiot proof.
      Engineered Horsepower

Comment

If I had the money I'd be doing the same Czar, good luck with it and hopefully you can post pics/video when you have a moment ?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          If I had the money I'd be doing the same Czar, good luck with it and hopefully you can post pics/video when you have a moment ?
          Thank you Ifcrule1972

When I finally get the time and the knowledge and maybe further equipment to do such tasks, then yes I will, I may even post on YouTube too,
          Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post
            it's almost idiot proof.
            Almost

Casey Neistat on youtube has some of his own aerial footage in all his videos. He did a review of the major drone players at the moment that you will probably find useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw4jDjYnR0U
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              Almost

Casey Neistat on youtube has some of his own aerial footage in all his videos. He did a review of the major drone players at the moment that you will probably find useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw4jDjYnR0U
              Once again thank you DangerousFish, this guy is funny with some useful information and great imagery.
              Engineered Horsepower

Comment

should be outlawed- dangerous in the hands of a loobot
                or even in the hands of mr/mrs sensible if he/she dont know what he/she doing
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Same could be said for knives, cars and air rifles.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                    LMAO, could apply that statement to all forms of Automotive vehicles too, yet idiots still get behind the wheel who don't know just what they are doing or indeed just how dangerous an automotive vehicle can be.
                    Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                      Same could be said for knives, cars and air rifles.
                      couldnt agree with you more
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                      X