Quick fire random chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick fire random chat

For those Full Members who are missing the shoutbox whilst Liam performs some essential and tedious sit upgrades, we can use this thread as a random quick fire chat for now!

Not the same I know, but Liam has been working really hard to convince the new site what we need and want from the old - we've had lots of tech help and input and it's a pain!!

Most recent threads are - On via a PC this link is at the top - Quick Links, then the drop down and new posts are HERE

My opening question is a standard British one - not about the weather though!
    Is anyone been on holiday or going anywhere this year?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Ive just got back from a week away in great yarmouth actually got some sunshine which makes a change Saw loads of ds3's and carded a fair few. Have you been anywhere?

Comment

Yeah! Derby... for French Car Show! Haha!

We moved into our first house this year, so with all the holidays taken before our actual move for various viewings, then meetings with mortgage advisers/solicitors etc and then the eventual move it took a big chunk of our allowance from work

Was great having a week and a half off though! Waiting for fun things like washing machines -_-

Wings and wheels is next up, so we've taken a few days off after the bank holiday to visit my parents who are now in Norfolk - its quite a drive from Manchester, so whilst we are that way we're heading there. They live about half an hour from loads of coastlines, so we'll head out for some days be the sea! This place is lovely: https://www.holkham.co.uk/nature-res...h/introduction
      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Oh and here - Liam saw this place selling waffles when we went and it's been on his mind ever since!
        http://albatroswells.co.uk/
        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Your right that place is fantastic been there myself!

Sounds like fun been on holiday to wait for washing machines haha

Been thinking of coming to first ever show with you all just dont know which one, dont know if to wait until next year or just bite the bullet and go for it!!

Comment

Yeah, especially as we booked the days we needed according to their delivery schedule but that went out of the window and we needed to extend the week. At least the weather was good so we could sit in the garden. We moved form a flat to a house, so chilling out side in our own space was nice

Oh, we're also going out for a birthday lunch to Wiveton Hall, not sure if you have ever seen the TV Series Normal for Norfolk? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b077ntzg But Mum had a run in with the eccentric owner, before she knew of the series!
            http://www.wivetonhall.co.uk/restaurant-cafe/

Norfolk is so.... different.....

The first show is always a bit daunting, like the first day of school almost - new people you don't know face to face. BUT - you do know most from here and we all have a common interest so there's something to get talking about from the start! There's no pressure to have any mods done either, I think a lot of people think they need to have them to be with us on a stand at a show.

Are there many DS3's near you that you have spotted?
            My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Thats true, although i have zero modifications performance wise but that dosent really bother me, the small tweeks ive done stickers, plastidip, couple of bits added here and there make the car look quite good in my opinion. It gets people looking anyway

There are a fair few near me but only 1 with club stickers on. Going to have to card a few i think!
              Last edited by BenR; 10-08-2017, 10:41.

Comment

Mine just as stickers Did you see my suggestion about your rear brake light?

I've sent a few items out to Goole - to different addresses. So they're out there somewhere....
                My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Just Centerparcs for me and the family this year. Taking the dog too. Always good for carding DS3's in that car park. I've started doing the lift of the hand acknowledging wave to other DS3 drivers in my area now too, with varying success
                  DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

No never saw it? What was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                      Just Centerparcs for me and the family this year. Taking the dog too. Always good for carding DS3's in that car park. I've started doing the lift of the hand acknowledging wave to other DS3 drivers in my area now too, with varying success
                      I have tried this a couple of times but they just glare at you like youre out of space haha

Comment

I've thought of waving out the window to fellow De-Essers, might make up for me driving like an A-hole around town every now and then
                        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben123424 View Post
                          No never saw it? What was it?
                          Ooops, different Ben -_- We only have about 500

I'm hoping to see Mike passing me through the airport tunnels and we can high five as we pass each other and look reeaaallly cool... Having done driveby high five, it REALLY hurts. So not only would we not look cool at all, we'd be in pain.
                          My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

I'm stuck with 29 unused holidays for this year and it doesn't seem to change in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                              I've thought of waving out the window to fellow De-Essers, might make up for me driving like an A-hole around town every now and then
                              I wave to every DS3 on the road!
                              LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X