Driving in France/Belguim, the laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving in France/Belguim, the laws

Besides the obvious (they drive on the wrong side of the road), what needs to be considered. I've read that I need a Hi-Vis jacket, first aid kit and warning triangle, also that each one of those must be available to the driver at all times (ie not in the boot). An arse when the DS3 isn't overly full of large storage spaces.

What constitutes a first aid box, a box with a plaster in? Also do I still need to display GB on the car, or can I get those new snazzy number plates with the EU symbol and and GB on on the side?

The plan would be to maybe take the Eurotunnel (prices extremely cheap at the mo), stay maybe just the day or one night, possibly pop to Belguim where I've heard tax on items is cheaper. Just don't want to break the law doing so.
    DSport HDi 110 in Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black

You can find all the info that you need here . http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/overseas/

Comment

Superb link cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bird Poo View Post
        The plan would be to maybe take the Eurotunnel (prices extremely cheap at the mo).
        I know I could easily do a quote online if I looked, but what sort of prices are you looking at?
        Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

Well you can do it for £44 if you accept the cheapest prices given, that's there and back with one night stay tops I believe. For a decent choice of times you may be looking at up to £58. Both I think worked out cheaper then the ferry when I looked.

Comment

this are the belgium road laws: http://brussels.angloinfo.com/countr...um/driving.asp

Comment

Working...
            X