Future car technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future car technology

Just read this wee article, not three bad.

The biggest tech change for me is the removal of CD in favour of wi-fi streaming or hard-drive stereo units! No more clutter in the door bins!!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I've used the cd player ONCE! Once I tells ya. The only gripe I have with the USB stuff, did they have to put it so close to the handbrake? I leave my iPod and mobile in the wee tray underneath the handbrake so the wires don't get all cluttered, but forever knocking them when I use the stick! Grrrr.

Comment

Get yourself a stumpy USB flash disk, that what i use in my 99G and leaves my iPod free for the gym!

Comment

Nah, that's why I have my iPod, to get rid of having to cart tunes on a usb stick! Plus, knowing me, I'd probably break it being that close to the stick!

iPod all the way!!!

Comment

Have to admit I found using the Ipod a bit fiddly compared to the USB stick. When I have the Iphone connected via USB the stereo seems to take an age to recognise it, whereas the USB stick is picked up straight away. I dunno whether this might be something to do with OS4 on the Iphone?

I also find the USB and 12V sockets in an odd place, had my sat nav in the other day but the wire wouldn't reach from the 12v socket to the windscreen position of the sat nav unit :mad:

Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtea View Post
              Have to admit I found using the Ipod a bit fiddly compared to the USB stick. When I have the Iphone connected via USB the stereo seems to take an age to recognise it, whereas the USB stick is picked up straight away. I dunno whether this might be something to do with OS4 on the Iphone?

I also find the USB and 12V sockets in an odd place, had my sat nav in the other day but the wire wouldn't reach from the 12v socket to the windscreen position of the sat nav unit :mad:

Rich.
              Lol! I noticed that as well with my Garmin, the leads a bit too short!! http://www.watt-power.co.uk/catalogue/-p-551.html has what we need!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                Lol! I noticed that as well with my Garmin, the leads a bit too short!! http://www.watt-power.co.uk/catalogue/-p-551.html has what we need!
                Actually, that reminds me, I've got one of those in a drawer somewhere I'll have to fish it out

Comment

Working...
                X