Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you build style as well as reputation? The Alien C2.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you build style as well as reputation? The Alien C2.....

I'm not one for slating the work someone has done, we all know everyone has different tastes.

And I'm definitely not one for dissing someone's hard work and dedication to a build.

But the Alien C2 is up for sale on Ebay.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	390770

Boasting £108k's worth of work is there a place for this style right now in the UK? I'm not sure if it's just beciase I'm old.. but really? If this was at a show would it grab my attention for the right reasons?

Surely the kindest thing to do is strip back the dated exterior and give it a much needed break from being the centre of attention for the wrong reasons? One colour, smooth it out, clean lines, simple wheels and let the build take centre stage?

Or does it look good? I'm just not sure if it looks so bad it's good?...

Spec:

ENGINE
    1587cc 4-cylinder, 16-valve • Pipercross Viper induction kit • Samco Silicone Hose kit • Powerflow custom stainless steel exhaust system with two 4in oval pipes through front bumper • Nitrous Express NitrousOxide System

TRANSMISSION
    factory 5-speed paddle shift moved for centre seat conversion

SUSPENSION
    Mr Chilli’s Drop Shop Touch screen Air bags all round

BRAKES
    Front – upgraded to Red Dot big brake kit, Rear – upgraded to Red Dot brake kit

WHEELS & TYRES
    Bespoke 7.5 x 22 BK Racing alloys Matt Black Diamond Cut Face. Not shown in listing picture.

BODYWORK
    Cituning Maxi Bodykit • Cituning RS-R Rear Spoiler • Cituning Chrono side skirts • Cituning Sports Front Grill • Cituning Quad Headlamp conversion • Cituning black lexus rear clusters • front bumper modified by SQPlus to take 4” oval pipes • side skirts modified to fit • side repeaters removed • wing mirrors removed and replaced with pod mounted cameras • rear view camera instead of rear view mirror in rear wiper mount • Piaa carbon fibre windscreen wipers • dehandled • filler cap relocated to
    behind light cluster • all spot welds and seams removed • debadged • boot floor cut out and modified to hold batteries, power supplies, air bag tank and compressor • resprayed in metallic silver then airbushed detailing in black & blue with coloured highlights •

INTERIOR
    stripped to a bare shell • 40 rolls of Xtreme Dynamat • flooring modified to take centre seat • transmission cut out for smoother floor and move pedals to centre position • new framework for steering wheel in centre of car • all fuse boxes and wiring relocated to the floor for room for ICE • complete dash rebuild, roof, doors, boot, sub enclosures either side of seat, custom made one off seat with blue lit perspex • detail lighting • Nitrous bottles for door handles • one off custom made steering wheel to house centre speaker • all interior silver then airbrushed detailing • Momo air metal pedal kit and foot rest • 4 point Sparco harness • door opening leversremoved and activated by Clifford remote control buttons for solenoid door pops • manual and electrical fail safe systems • ignition on start button, hazards and horn relocated to roof •

ICE
    2x Alpine IVA-D310RB DVD/CD/MP3/WMA fold out touch screen monitor • 3x Alpine TME-M770 6.5” touch screen monitors in dash • 6x Alpine TME-M770 6.5” touch screen monitors in rear windows • Alpine PXA-H701 + RUX-C701 Multi Media Manager
    • Alpine NVE-N099P DVD navigation system • Alpine KCA-420i iPod interface • Alpine SPX-107R 4” Type X component in steering wheel • Alpine SPX-107R 4” Type X components in dash • Alpine SPX-17MB 6.5”Type X Mid Bass Kit in dash • 2x Alpine SWX-1042D 10” Type X Subwoofer in dash • 2x Alpine SPX-177R 6.5” Type X components in front doors • 2x Alpine SPX-137R 6.5” Type X components in front doors •Alpine SPX-137R 5.25” Type X components in rear • Alpine SPX-17MB 6.5” Type X Mid Bass Kit in rear • 6x Alpine SWX-1242D 12” Type X Subwoofers beside seat • 3x Alpine MRV-F545 V12 4 channel Amplifiers • 7x Alpine MRD-M1005 V12 Monoblock Amplifier • Alpine MRP-T220 V Power 2 Channel Amplifier • Streetwires cabling and distribution • 2 lorry batteries • Varad lighting inside and out • iPod mini in seat • full fibreglass interior build painted and airbrushed

My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

I don't understand spending that much on mods for a C2 - £108k????
    sigpic

Comment

Some of the stuff is pretty cool, like the cameras for wing mirrors - but I don't really see the point of everything as a whole. It's definitely a show car, and a show car only. May as well use it as a lawn ornament instead of selling it because that thing isn't gonna sell to anyone sane.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Also that seat looks like the single most uncomfortable seat ever put in an automobile.
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

My GOD!!!! It's purely a show car that!! You couldn't drive that and pop it in the works car park every day. Some parts look OK, but it needs putting on display somewhere clean and safe, so that insane amount of money spent on it doesn't go to waste.
          DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

It was gone to waste as soon as it was spent.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I have to agree cyclone
              sigpic

Comment

I'm amazed it has 20 bids on it!!
                Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  I have to agree cyclone
                  Yeah me too, but someone somewhere must like it with 20 bids!! Insane amount of money spent and wasted.
                  DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post
                    I'm amazed it has 20 bids on it!!
                    I reckon only one person is actually bidding, and the owner is the second bidder trying to push the price higher each time
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Buy it, strip down and sell the kits and parts on? Could that be a plan?
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X