Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One loose cable inside fuse area/glovebox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One loose cable inside fuse area/glovebox?

Hi, new here so hope this is in the right place..
    I have just got a 64 DS3 HDI BLUE 120 Deisel and have an issue with the mood lighting not coming on and if it does then its only the middle one which just flashes on n off, I had a look at the fuse box area and noticed one cable just laying about doing nothing and wondered if this was normal?
    obviously I ain't a petrol head so am probably less than clueless having only passed my test (1st time) at 49 yrs young and so this is my first car and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Dene

There is a black thick cable not plugged in to anything, that's normal.

You could check to see what condition the foot well lights are in, it sounds like something weird is going on. I wonder if a previous owner might have put in some dodgy leds in or something?

Comment

Hi and thanks for the info, ay idea what the cable is for though?
      also both driver and passenger footwell bulbs are normal kind of bulbs but dont seem to want to come out.. is there a nack to getting these out?
      Will go back to dealer and ask them to look at why its flashing i think as I have also noticed the slight bubbling beneath the wing mirrors.
      Any new info is all adding to my empty car info warehouse so thanks again.
      Dene

Comment

Originally posted by mrdene
        Hi and thanks for the info, ay idea what the cable is for though?
        also both driver and passenger footwell bulbs are normal kind of bulbs but dont seem to want to come out.. is there a nack to getting these out?
        Will go back to dealer and ask them to look at why its flashing i think as I have also noticed the slight bubbling beneath the wing mirrors.
        Any new info is all adding to my empty car info warehouse so thanks again.
        Dene
        I found if you use something none conductive and push from the bottom between the connectors it comes out a lot easier... Tried pulling and it feels like your going to crush it if you pull any harder.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X