Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 THP to buy or not to buy?

Hey guys and gals,

I'm not that clued up on cars and all that, and my current situation leads me to the end of a PCP contract with my current Peugeot 108, naturally I sought after advice with some petrol heads at work and the DS3 1.6 thp d sport plus was highly recommended. Having a little mooch online the car looks dreamy everything I would want with plenty of poke, however from doing a little research the thp doesn't seem to reliable seems to be problems with the timing chain and the HPFP (No idea what they actually are but know it's an expensive headache)
    Which is a huge shame because the car seems to be everything I would want.

Looking around I see them going for a reasonable price with sub 40k miles on the clock, would anyone reccomened getting one? Is it the situation where you only hear the bad as compared to the good? Was it a problem that got fixed on newer models? (Better to buy a 14 plate over a 12?)

Thanks in advance and any help would be truly appreciated, not willing to give up on a car that seems so creamy
    ​​​

Go for it. Find one with history, and the later the better for the timing chain issue
    Listen to the LHS of the engine for 3 or 4 minutes in start up

The High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) goes on a few, and can be pricey. But hey, something goes wrong on all cars
    The car stutters on acceleration now and again, and fault codes are thrown up

Get on with a dealer warranty, or go to Warrantywise for the first year (That's what I did)
    Warrantywise is much cheaper if the dealer buys it, and passes on savings to you
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
    X