Engine shaking at start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine shaking at start

Hi I'm not too sure if anyone is able to help me I've had my ds3 1.6hdi for the last year but just recently sometimes when I start the car the whole car starts to shake really bad and when I start to drive it all feels a bit rough for the first few minutes. I have had the car carbon cleaned also. Been to several garages and none can seem to shed any light on it at all. I don't have any engine management lights come on at all either. If someone could help me it would be appreciated. Thank you

Have you someone check the ECU out with a fault code reader- might throw up a fault code

that's where to start

Edit: Shaking may well be a sign of fuel starvation
    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 19-08-2019, 17:13.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Bring it on a specalist to avoid further issues. That's quite alarming to be honest.

Comment

Are your engine mounts okay and in-tact?

Are you using quality fuel? I used to fill up my last petrol car with the cheapest supermarket fuel I could and it was usually fine, but occassionally the car would feel dead going up hills and would run rough, and I suspected some independent garage owners were diluting the fuel down (Crazy sounding, I know, but it's a wild world). Perhaps if you are using any lower grade diesel it could be interfering with some of the sensors around the engine causing the car to run poorly?

Comment

Originally posted by Konnor1994 View Post
          Hi I'm not too sure if anyone is able to help me I've had my ds3 1.6hdi for the last year but just recently sometimes when I start the car the whole car starts to shake really bad and when I start to drive it all feels a bit rough for the first few minutes. I have had the car carbon cleaned also. Been to several garages and none can seem to shed any light on it at all. I don't have any engine management lights come on at all either. If someone could help me it would be appreciated. Thank you
          Are your engine mounts okay and in-tact?

Are you using quality fuel? I used to fill up my last petrol car with the cheapest supermarket fuel I could and it was usually fine, but occassionally the car would feel dead going up hills and would run rough, and I suspected some independent garage owners were diluting the fuel down (Crazy sounding, I know, but it's a wild world). Perhaps if you are using any lower grade diesel it could be interfering with some of the sensors around the engine causing the car to run poorly?

Comment

Thanks for the post

Comment

Working...
            X