Rust coming round mirrors!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust coming round mirrors!!!!

Has anyone else has a problem with rust spots coming round the mirrors????

unfortunately a well known problem
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Mine also has developed a bad rust problem round the wing mirrors

Comment

Mine has rust below the near side door mirror and it’s not even 3 years old. I’m hoping it will be mended under warranty!

Comment

Ours is a 2013 and has just started bubbling around both mirrors. Even though it's been serviced by Peugeot/Citroen main dealer every year from new they said it's not covered as it should have had a perforation check at 4 years then every 2 years after that. My argument is try hey didn't even advise this was needed and also it sounds like this is a design fault that should have been recalled. Has anyone got anywhere with Citroen?

Comment

Originally posted by Dannybarratt View Post
            Ours is a 2013 and has just started bubbling around both mirrors. Even though it's been serviced by Peugeot/Citroen main dealer every year from new they said it's not covered as it should have had a perforation check at 4 years then every 2 years after that. My argument is try hey didn't even advise this was needed and also it sounds like this is a design fault that should have been recalled. Has anyone got anywhere with Citroen?
            Hi, I’ve got a 2015 which is my driving school car so has high mileage and just before the three year warranty was up (49,000 miles)I had the drivers door done under warranty.
            id also noticed the passenger door starting to do the same , but unfortunately this couldn’t be done under warranty. Common problem. I also had the heater controls changed as the writing had come warn away.

Comment

Hi all, regarding the paint bubbling with your cars, there is a rather nice warranty in place for cars that are 4 years and older that are no longer covered by the original paint warranty. You can call up a Citroen dealer near you and say you would like to make a claim under the paint and perforation warranty.
              As the paint bubbles is actually where a spec of dust or dirt has caused the body underneath to rust (they will only get bigger over time).

You can then take your car to a dealer usually a Evans Halshaw for them to either do a paint inspection (which honestly is pointless and costs £40, they told me there is nothing wrong with it, when i pointed it out replied with "oh yeah I didn't see that"). or just ask on the phone if there is someone that can come out and take some photos (The claims Man/Woman), just make sure your car is nice and clean before you go or they will turn you away. After this you pick a Citroen or DS authorized paint shop (Yes they are different, but they can give you a list) and from there get your car repainted. I've had one car done and one car is in the claims process at the moment and the best advice i can give is DO NOT USE THE SHOP THEY RECOMMEND. Do your research call some shops and make sure that they will not just blend but will paint both sides. Some offer courtesy cars too which they will usually charge to Citroen.

So to clarify. Call Citroen, Make a claim under PAINT AND PERFORATION warranty (Car must be at least 4 years of age), ask for them to take some photos for the claim. Wait so see if its approved. Find a garage. JOB DONE

ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK.

Comment

Just to add check your car before you submit a claim. The common places are: Around the mirror stalk (2015-present), Anywhere on the door (All years), along the chrome rubbing strip on the door (Usually Front and back).

Comment

Thanks all for the replies unfortunately I didn't realise about the perforation check at 4yrs and then every 2yrs after. The car has been serviced every year by the main dealer and they have never mentioned this so I was unaware. I asked the dealer and they simply pointed out that it's in the manual which it is but to be honest I thought it was something they checked as part of a main dealer service and part of the reason I went to the main dealer for each service. Our Convertible DS3 THP Dsport + has only covered 21k so really feel quite annoyed about this but have the feeling Citroen or DS won't budge on it but I am going to try. Thanks all

Comment

Same happened to me. I spotted the anti-perforation check after I'd had my 4 year service - all at Citroën dealers. It was 2 months afterwards and when I rang up and asked if I could have it, was told it was too late and "the onus was on the owners to ask for it". Utter bollocks!! In my eyes it's something they should remind you about, like they do with services and MOT's. But no, they don't!!! It's just a way of them wriggling out having to fix issues they don't want to pay out for. I spent months trying to get to done, arguing my case, but they dug their heels in and said no every time, with various lengthy wordy replies about why they won't do it. So I have now had the whole paintwork checked out by an independent auto paintwork expert and he fixed any issues for me (at my expense) and I now treat the paintwork 3 times a year after a good wash and wax with Auto Glyms finest paint protection. Seems to be working so far, as my DS3 is 7 in March. Good luck with your attempts and I hope you have a better result than I did.
                    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Both my doors will be re sprayed under warranty luckily! (When the Covid 19 pandemic allows!)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrighty boy View Post
                        Both my doors will be re sprayed under warranty luckily! (When the Covid 19 pandemic allows!)
                        nice one
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                        X